MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:20 am

Post subject: Queston About Course Segments
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:00 pm 

I would like to know what a certain function about the course segments is about. When you right-click on one of the truck numbers (1-8 triangles) and go to properties, it brings up a box. On the right hand side under "Course" there are numbers 0-4. I noticed that there are 0-4 on the courses on the right side of the regular traxx screen? Is there any significants to this? Can these numbers be used to tell MTM2 which lane the computer truck were to race in if, for example, a drag track was being made? What is with these numbers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:55 pm 
Glow Ball

Those values are not used in mtm2. I believe they were intended to be used for mtm1, but I'm not confident they ever worked there either. I think in engineering the program, Bill made those options to conform to settings in the SIT file (ie, deeper into the game) before he knew whether or not they did anything. Then, they were just never taken out.

If anybody else can correct this info, please feel free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:37 pm 

cut and pasted from my other post

IF I remember right.. cant you set the trucks to run off of difforent segments ? I know traxx school says they run off of segment 2 but you can set them to any of the 4 even the main and they will work....

That way you can have them go to the right or to the left of a fork in the road and then come back again .. I know IV seen it in a couple tracks .. long long ago.. I have never done this thou..

So if your making a nascar track lets say in theary .. you should be able to set the lanes as you like .. but you are limited to the 4 (5) counting main segments... corect me plaese if IM wrong..

PS I know the blimp runs off of one set of the segments .. its easy enuff to find out ... set out your segments and change the settigns .. it wont hurt the track any .. you can allways put it back to were it was .. I do know that I very seldom ever set my trucks to run off of segment 2 .. I tryed 0 on my new track and I tryed 2 because I had alot of probs getting the bots to run right ... soo IM pretty sure you can set them as you like and they will drive acordingly..

Generate from main like it says .. then click on the segment you want to move and change it .. make sure you set the truck to run on that segment .. then take a look ..

I bet it follows the new segment... if you look at rumbles in traxx .. them segments are all over the place...I think its so when you get kicked they go flying .. IM not sure on that since driver trucks dont follow the segments .. also I dont know if all rubles have the segments like that .. but I remember seeing it on hyper when I looked at it in traxx..