MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

Post subject: Solid Car Errors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:12 pm 

I am trying to edit a track that I downloaded so I can race against the comp. Right now my problem is that the computer truck will not drive over the ramp and the first car of a group of cars, but collides with the second car. (I would upload the screenshot, but I don't know how.) The computer truck acts like the ramp and first car are set to "No Collide" but on Traxx I have verified and re-verified, that they are not on "No Collide." On the same course, I even drove my truck over to that lane and drove my truck toward that same set of cars and my truck hit the ramp and went over the group of cars perfectly. What am I doing wrong? Please help, I'm getting quite frustrated here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:21 pm 
easy company

Comp trucks drive right through object boxes so you need to use models for ramps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:23 pm 

They are models. The ramp is the one used from Garret Lockhart's RCA Jam. I know it works, because I've used it before and the computer drives over it correctly every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:38 pm 
Glow Ball

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you inserted the ramp model, set it to no collide, then shaped an object box so you can drive over it. Is that right? The thing Malibu350 is saying is computer trucks don't drive over the purple object boxes. You have to use models for those too.

Alternately, you can set the object box to "ramp" type in the property settings. That might suit what you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:11 pm 

There is a object box quirk worth noting (which I discovered when making the Expo Loading Dock). If you are driving within a certain distance to an (invisible) object box that box will be solid for the computer trucks, but if you are more than a certain distance away the computer trucks will pass through the box as if it were non-collide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:35 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

>>Wint's post

GRRRR! It sure can be annoying when they pass through. And when I'm testing a track, and a computer truck bothers me, then escapes through the wall, my brain slows down and I try to do the same to attack him!