A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

Post subject: Backdrop problem
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:17 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

Hey, guys

I've been working on yet another new track project. It's called Earth & Beyond (yeah, I know there's already a video game with that name) and involves driving through space and landing on Earth during the night, then heading for a place experiencing daylight. However, I am having problems with the backdrop.

For testing purposes, I created a little building to go in the town in the night. However, when I drove near it, I found that the backdrop shone through the roof, hiding it from view. I tried setting the backdrop face type to mtm2 shiny type, and saving the backdrop as an actual backdrop model, but nothing works. Furthermore, I am using a modified version of the drop from Phineus's "Alphaville."

Does anyone know what is causing the backdrop to show itself in front of other models?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:18 pm 
Glow Ball

Backdrops must be mtm1 transparent type with magic number -2147483648. If you are using binedit 2.0 or 2.2 then changing the face type will have no effect because the moment you "save as backdrop"... it sets all the properties automatically for you.