MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

Post subject: Need help with an error message.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:33 pm 

I have been working on a track and all of a sudden I have started getting this error when I try testing it. Any idea's?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:52 pm 
Glow Ball

I don't see the bin file extension. If you look in the models box (in traxx), do the models in the list have the bin extension? If no, then you need to uncheck the hide file extensions for known file types checkbox in folder options (windows explorer). Also, it means you're using traxx 1.4 and might think about trying traxx 1.5. If the file extensions are there, then I don't know what I'm talking about and will shaddup presently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:39 pm 

Bearing in mind what Phin has already covered, and at the risk of being too technical: It looks like your pod contains a corrupted .SIT file to me, but how that came to be I couldn't say. I say that because it looks like an off-by-one situation, as the line just after 'model' in a .sit is for 'mass'.

I have seen .TXX files become corrupt on a couple of occasions (with v1.4 I believe) and it might be that yours has become corrupt and is writing bod pods, but that is only a wild guess.

Your error is quite unique and I have no ready answers for you, just questions.
What version of Traxx are you using?
Were you making an MTM1 or MTM2 track?
Were you doing anything other than using Traxx in a normal way (such as editing your sit file manually or anything)?
Have you tried shutting down Traxx, perhaps rebooting, then reopen your txx file and write a fresh pod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:40 pm 

the extensions are there, i even tried saving track under a different name and deleted all the box and models and it still gives me that error. I have a backup track that I made before I added anything to the track that still works so will just redo it all again.
Thanks for your suggestion.
also looks like I have to redo windows to get 1.5 to work, it gives me an error that I think is due to having Borland C++Builder 5 installed this time on my computer. Image
1.4 seems to work fine other than the above error on this one track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:06 pm 
easy company

I agree with Wint that the sit file is somehow corrupt preventing traxx 1.4 and 1.5 from loading it. If you can post the sit file info we may be able to spot the trouble.