MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Post subject: track gone
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:53 pm 

i went to work on my track and it dont come up. the screen stays purple with the black backgroud. the other three tracks will come up but not this one. the only thing you can see is the truck triangles lined up where they are in the track. what happened i was almost done with the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:22 pm 

i tryed to open the pod file and it says error in loading txx files. how could i loose the file. and can i get it back somehow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:26 am 
Glow Ball

If the txx file has gone bad but you still have a pod of the track then the only thing I can suggest is to zip up the pod and upload it as a beta track (I can turn it back off quickly) so we can have a look at what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:34 am 

ill do that right away phineus thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:56 am 
Glow Ball

Levi, the one you just uploaded is not a drivable track. There's nothing in it, and therefore nothing to salvage. If that is the most up to date version you have, then sorry to report whatever you may have had is lost now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:34 am 

that was it so i guess that track was a total waste of time . that sucks . i give up, that was alot of work , im just going to give up on making tracks. besides that last track on the download (autumn tactics) shows me i dont know nothing about track making. that track was 10 times better than any of my tracks. thanks for looking at it anyway phineus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:58 pm 

levi wrote:
that was it so i guess that track was a total waste of time . that sucks . i give up, that was alot of work , im just going to give up on making tracks. besides that last track on the download (autumn tactics) shows me i dont know nothing about track making. that track was 10 times better than any of my tracks. thanks for looking at it anyway phineus.

Don't give up mate. If i would have given up i would have never created tracks like

SLO Park http://www.mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=2616

or

SLO Worlds http://www.mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=2352

And just to convince you, look at my two examples of how i started and maybe you'll understand that for some (like me) it takes practice to make perfect. Others have a more natural talent and go right in it (or they had practice from the MTM 1 days).

DMS Mountain Rally http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=1895

or

Nowhere Rally http://mtm2.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=1814

P.S. I thought i paid good money Phin to cover up my tracks. pffft, traitor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:04 pm 

Besides, look at RT DJ_MP track history. His earliest track recorded here dates back to 2000 (7 years ago) and quite honestly Dream Mountians and High Canyon don't look much and just look throughout his history and how he learns the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm 
easy company

Words of wisdom from Fila? The end has got to be near! :)

Hang in there levi. We all have our fair share of frustration at times but throwing in the towel is not an option unless you really dislike track making.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:43 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

"It's a SLO_World after all, It's a SLO_World after all, It's a SLO_World after all, It's a SLO SLO SLO SLO World..."

Stay after it bro, that is one of the best tracks ever made. If those SLO guys can do stuff like that, then anyone can. [:P]

Seriously Levi, I wanted to give up many times, but trust me on this, there is something you're just not understanding, which we can help you, but once you figure it out, you'll look in the mirror and go, "Oohhhh, now I get it!" After that it becomes 2nd nature.

This stuff can be hard to understand at times, but once you get it down, you'll say to yourself, "Man, a monkey could do this..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:05 am 

Malibu350 wrote:
Words of wisdom from Fila? The end has got to be near! :)

[:P]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:29 am 

i know my grandson informed me that the track was his, and he wanted me to do it over for him (please). how can you say no to a 6 year old. so ill give it another try. thanks guys for your support.