Fixing track PODs with missing bin file extensions
Programs you need
- <a href="http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/downloads/evo/EditPad.zip">editpad</a> (or equally capable text editor)
- <a href="http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/downloads/evo/podview.zip">podview</a>
- the DOS command prompt (Open Command Window Here powertoy)
- <a href="http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/downloads/misc/editors/pathc400.zip">pathcopy</a>
Open the finished POD in cpod and save a LST file.
Edit the LST file. DATA\NULL will show up as "DAT" and MODELS will show up as "MOD". Just remove them from the LST file, close up blank spaces, and then save.
Extract all files from the pod using podview (you can also use cpod) and be sure to recreate the directory structure.
In the WORLD folder, find the track's sit file. Open it in editpad.
- search for "NewLine" and "mass" - the exact string is "\nmass" - and replace all with "dot bin" and "NewLine" and "mass" - the exact string is ".BIN\nmass". This will add a bin file extension on object boxes too, so...
- search for dot and "00" and dot and "BIN" - the exact string is ".00.BIN" - and replace all with dot and "00" - the string is ".00". This should remove the bin extension where is it not needed; however, you should double check there are no errors, so...
- search for "!type,flags" and visually inspect each model entry. Press F3 to find next. Fix anything that isn't correct. Repeat until all models have been checked.
Save the SIT file.
Open a command prompt and browse to the models folder. Type the following command: "ren *. *.BIN
" - this will add the bin file extension to all models. Close the command prompt.
Use pathcopy to create a list of models in the MODELS folder. Use "copy long path" to get the full file and path name. Copy the list into the LST file. Be careful to include the backdrop only once. Remove all path information to the left of the MODELS folder. (eg, it should only have MODELS\FILENAME.BIN
for each model). Close up blank lines and save the LST file.
Open the LST file using cpod. Save the POD using a new file name.
Total time: approximately five to ten minutes.