MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

Post subject: BINEDIT
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 1:20 am 

IVE BEEN TRYING for months to get binedit to work on my mochine ,but allways comes up fail i tried like for two months to dail in some reusable bins but to no avail a keep getting errors sayin this not here that not there im gettin raher *beep*!i check over and over for files where its looking for em at i have all of them there every one!!!but the puppy still givin me hard time havent been able to produce a model yet!! if ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS ,MAN,ID GIVEALL MY IDEAS AWAY JUST TO BE ABLE TO PRODUCE SOMETHING EASILY ON BINEDIT OR ANY OTHER BIN EDITING PROGRAM I'VE TRIED!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 5:00 am 

I too had a very frustrating time with Binedit when I first got hold of it, and like you Nick, did'nt get around to actually using the program (because of crashes and error messages etc.) until I deleted the program, re-downloaded the MS version, read through the Binedit help pages here at MTMG, and the Error Messages section. I still get the occassional 'pute hang up when using the program but am now able to make a few simple models. I know it's satisfying to be able to make your own models, but in my experience it is a very time consuming process. I like to make tracks and am very tempted to leave the model making to the likes of these guys http://www.angelfire.com/mt/mbet/home.html
who will turn your ideas into reality. Everybody has a talent for something, nobody has a talent for everything Image.
BTW I liked Old_One_ll.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 7:03 am 
You may have already checked it, but I know that at first, I was having trouble using binedit because the art and models folders weren't properly defined.

It was looking for an MTM folder instead of MTM2. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 7:24 am 
Glow Ball

I'll have to agree with Andy. That's probably the most obvious but at the same time the most over-looked problem. But no matter what, making complex bins can be a slow process. I think patience is a pre-requisite.

And, nick, I'd like to move this to the binedit forum if you have no objection. Thanks.

------------------
- Phineus