MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

Post subject: Is it just me?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 4:36 am 

Is it just me or is Binedit the most annoyingly slow to use program in the world?
1. I can only seem to select one point at a time and you can't move it around like EZbin - you have to type in the co-ordinates which takes ages!
2. You have to make new vectors 1 by 1 yet in EZbin you can make a shape automaticaly.
3. Not really about speed but whenever i try to save a truck i have edited as a file it either takes ages to save and makes a file about 20 times the size of the original even though i have only extended fins on the back or some times it locks up completely, drains system resources, crashes and makes a corrupt bin file of over 15M!
One more thing- i can't make my bins in EZbin as it crashes on a save and i can't copy them to binedit as binedit has no paste facility!!!!!
IS IT JUST ME OR ARE THIS PROGAMS UNFIT FOR THE JOB 'COS IT'S DRIVIN' ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Yours Mentally
SIG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 5:22 am 
Glow Ball

>>Is it just me

I suspect not, but you never know.

>>or is Binedit the most annoyingly slow to use program in the world?

Some complaints before, but seldom this extreme. Which version are you using, and how about you try to use the other version. Where did you get your copy (if that's not a dangerous question). Remember, put the gl files in the same folder as the exe. Works for me anyway.

1. I can only seem to select one point at a time and you can't move it around like EZbin

You can select more than one point, use the v key, but moving it around is primarily why James started making ezbin. To try to gain added flexibility. Binedit moves with the translate funciton; ezbin wants to use the mouse.

>>you have to type in the co-ordinates which takes ages!

It can, yup. You can also try the obj method, still typing but there's usefulness if you have the patience.

>>2. You have to make new vectors 1 by 1 yet in EZbin you can make a shape automaticaly.

Yep again. Unless you work from predefined shapes and insert them into your work and move them around. Angus demonstrates how helpful this can be.

>>3. Not really about speed but whenever i try to save a truck i have edited as a file it either takes ages to save and makes a file about 20 times the size of the original even though i have only extended fins on the back

Increasing the size? That's a new one to me. This definitely sounds like something's conflicting. Try the other version.

>> or some times it locks up completely, drains system resources, crashes

ok, you'll have to join the club on this one. Also check to make sure the preferences are set correctly. If you're using win95a, make sure you have the service pack patch thingie installed.

>>and makes a corrupt bin file of over 15M!

ouch.

>>One more thing- i can't make my bins in EZbin as it crashes on a save

And that is the main reason why nobody uses ezbin. How ez is it if you can't save?

>> and i can't copy them to binedit as binedit has no paste facility!!!!!

I didn't know you could paste a bin, period. Can you paste into 3DSM or Lightwave?

>>IS IT JUST ME

well, maybe a little ;-)

>>OR ARE THIS PROGAMS UNFIT FOR THE JOB

Ezbin can't save, so there's not much for that. But binedit works. Try to solve these problems. There have been literally thousands of things made using binedit.

>>'COS IT'S DRIVIN' ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's an answer, just have to find it.

If you're into getting and learning a new program, check here for some helpful info. That ought to get you started.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 5:22 am 

fanx.
i'll try that.

------------------
Yours Mentally
SIG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 8:32 am 
Can someone explain this to me?

I downloaded EZBin a long time ago, but never learned how to use it.

After reading all this, I decided to give it a try, and made a simple bin. I had no trouble saving it, or opening it in BINEdit, although it didn't look exactly as I expected...

What's going on here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 8:21 pm 

may-b i have a diffrent version 2 u.

------------------
Yours Mentally
SIG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 6:18 am 

LOOK 'ERE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 7:28 am 

I use EZBIN sometimes too but i cant save as a BIN i have to export it as a OBJ then import it into BINEDIT.Whats up i cant even save BIN's in EZBIN without an error coming up.I can only export as a DXF or OBJ everything else crashes EZBIN.Do i need any DLLs to fix the problem or is it something that just wont run on my pc

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2000 1:26 am 

Binedit, is great, you just have to be patient with it, even when you feel like throwing your comp out the window cause it won't do what u want.

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2000 9:22 pm 

BinEdit may not have a cut function, but it does have a delete face function, and it may not have a paste function, but it does have an insert function. It takes more time and patience, but it boils down to the same thing.

But again I say, what do you usually get in the software department for measly dollar or two? That is, at the very most, what sending Oliver a postcard would cost you if you actually sent him one. (Which most people haven't even done anyway.)

------------------
Who is General Failure, and why is he trying to read my Hard Drive?