MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

Post subject: New BINedit help site
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 1:04 pm 

I posted this on the Main BBS, but I figured it might be of more use here (I hope noone minds me spamming this board?). The MTMG's tutorial focuses on using BINedit for making track props, so I thought I'd fill in the missing half and write one for making trucks Image

<hr>

<ul> <center>
<h1>The BINedit Resource: tutorials, tips, even a truck...</h1>
</center>
Posted by Drive2Survive on May 04, 2001 at 10:49:38:

<CENTER>Image</CENTER>

I've been working day and night on this site (true!) and I've finally got the majority of the content up. Basically, everything is there except the third tutorial, which still only goes to one page with two images. However, the first tutorial (which looks at the BINedit program) and the second tutorial (which looks at the basics of using BINedit in the making of an MTM2 truck) have just been completed and uploaded (the pages are still hot out of NotePad!).

<CENTER>Image</CENTER>

There is also a page that documents the TRI games which you could potentially edit with BINedit, plus the details of the BINedit utility, download links, installation instructions and even a page of tips for getting the best out of it, including a little-known Windows utility that can help you avoid those nasty and annoying system crashes!

<CENTER>Image</CENTER>

Plus the infamous "haystack pyramid tutorial" has been reborn, and there's even a brand-spanking-new truck featured in the basic tutorial that you can download...

<CENTER>Image</CENTER>

So go have a look, and let me know what you think either here in a reply or by d2smtm2@email.com. There are still some bugs to be ironed out and additions to be made, but I consider that the site is largely complete and ready to be opened to the public. At the moment it resides on my University-alotted server space, so I am looking for a permanent home for it on a free web server.

<CENTER>Image</CENTER>

Thank you for reading my shameless spamming of the message board. It's half-past midnight here, the cats are fighting on the roof and my internal clock is running on Tokyo time, so I think it's about time for me to return to my home planet and face the music.

This is the Blunder from Downunda, signing off...

-D2S

[*]The BINedit Resource (temporary home)[/list]

<hr>

------------------
Drive2Survive's MTM2 Custom Workshop
The MTM2 Truck Making Tutorial
The BINedit Resource (temporary home)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 1:10 pm 
Glow Ball

Looks very impressive, I must say.

>>The Blunder from Downunda...

Blunder? Hardly. Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 3:22 pm 

Wow, thanks for all the effort that went into that tutorial, it looks great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:32 pm 

The semester has ended, so I've finally found the time to get around to all the MTM2 stuff I've been promising myself. The first item is my BINedit help site, The BINedit Resource, which I've finally got around to moving to its new, permanent home. I've done a few updates to it but it's still mostly the same as it was before, although I do hope to be adding the last of the content and finishing it off the weeks to come.

Please update your links wherever necessary Image

------------------
Drive2Survive's MTM2 Custom Workshop
The MTM2 Truck Making Tutorial
The BINedit Resource