A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

Post subject: Binedit 1.02, release 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:42 am 
easy company

Phase 1 (windows2000/ME compatible)
the release copy will be ready tomorrow, 08/22/01.

===========================================
changes/fixes from version 0.9 release 20
===========================================
ver. 1.00

Fixed problem of garbled file name along mainframe title along with the two save dialogs' failure to appear when commanded.

ver. 1.01

Removed useless "Test" item from About menu which would cause program to crash whenever selected.

ver. 1.02

Fixed Store/Restore Face/Vertex Group menu option so that program will not crash when they are selected.

Fixed bug in "Map Face Group to Texture" dialog that caused a crash when mouse click occurred outside of RAW selection control with the drop-down menu open.

Fixed problem of accumulating texture files during model browsing.

Fixed problem of model being erased when an invalid model is "inserted" into the program.

Fixed problem of program crashing when attempting to load an invalid model from the browse window.

Fixed problem of program going into an infinite loop when trying to proportionally resize a 2-D model with the third (unused) dimension being given a nonzero value.

Fixed problem of program crashing when attempting to delete the program's only vertex.

Disabled menu items that are not applicable based on the state of the program. Note - Only "Vertex" and "Face" popup menus are affected so far.

Added hyperlinks to http://drive2survive.karf.net and http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/Binedit and updated Oliver Pieper's homepage address within the Help dialog.

Added save prompt when closing the program containing unsaved work.

==================================

Note: the "cause" and "fixes" are briefly outlined within the Binedit update.txt which will be included in the .zip for those interested.

Note: MFC42D.DLL, MFCO42D.DLL, and MSVCRTD.DLL will not be required in order for this "release" version of binedit to run, they were only required for c++ debugging.

This copy will also be submitted to OP for his evaluation and approval for the final release and distribution.

Any problems, comments, questions, or suggestions? please post them here or you can always drop an email too if you wish.

[edit] added last item in ver. 1.02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:49 am 
Glow Ball

WOW ! Excellent work. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:17 am 

Alright! Great work! I may get flamed for this, but what about the .TRK file MTM2 incompatibility?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:39 am 
easy company

What ".TRK file MTM2 incompatibility?"... if you mean the file/Import Truck command it seems to work just fine for me. if its something else let me know and we'll get it taken care of...
remember this is just phase 1 (windowsME/2k compatible) and there's still lots to do before its all said and done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:50 am 

Mal - yep, that's what he's talking about.

Angus (and everyone else) - the MTM2 .TRK file incompability is actually a bit of a pleasant surprise. The code that OP released has actually been tweaked so that MTM2 .TRK files load up painlessly and without the errors we used to get (hooray, hooray!). If you read the code, there's comments in there about a change he's made that makes the MTM2 .TRK files load properly.

I don't know whether this is in the release versions on his website, but I would expect so - just noone was aware of it. Anyway, the point is that Rich doesn't need to worry about it - it's fixed already Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:20 pm 

yes great job and thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:53 am 
easy company

OK, a bit of a delay here, but I have a good excuse Image..... My wife delivered a brand new 8lb 8oz baby girl at 9 am pst this mornin lol and I've been up for about 40 hrs straight since she started labor so I am just way too beat right now to get the Binedit together but will do all I can to get it uploaded tomorrow.....

thanks for your patience

gotta run befere I get busted for even being here and not by her side lol Image

later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:58 am 
Glow Ball

Congratulations ! Wow, a new binedit and a baby too! A day late? Heck, take an extra hour for lunch ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 4:21 pm 

"WOW" CONGRADULATIONS RICH yes by all means take 24 hours or 48 off you gotta send my wife and i a picture of the baby. don't worry about a cigar "the new binedit makes up for it"
congrats again from
Terry And Adele Horne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:56 am 

Mal does have a life outside of MTM.

Wishing you, the Mrs. & the little 350's all the joy the world has to offer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:15 am 
easy company

You have mail... if not send me a note and I'll resend...

thanks for the congratz and well wishes... everybody is fine and should be home from UCI tonite or tomorrow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:06 pm 

Congrats on the new baby! And I feel like an idiot. I had downloaded the source months back, and noticed that he'd fixed the problem with the .TRK import. Ooooops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:28 pm 

Outstanding! I'll see about knocking together a page for my site so people can download the new BINedit once OP's okayed it for public release. Image And congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 8:25 am 

Wow, a baby girl, that's one complex little model, you'd better expect some lag in your game. ;-) Congrats and may God bless yas!

As for Binedit: very, very cool, many thanks!

p.s. "pic 1" is screaming for a caption, a little "first words" text balloon, but I couldn't think of anything good, hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 2:41 pm 

Congratulations on the new baby Malibu! That is great news to hear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 11:34 am 
easy company

ROFL Phin, that was perfect... thanks Angus, D2S, WK, & MIYH...nice to see ya still pop in once in a while Image

OK, back to the subject...
I've received a reply from OP and everything is a go, I just needed to make a few changes in the .txt files, nothing else has changed from the zip that was emailed.
One other thing was this (quoted from the E) "...have you thought about giving the program a new name? I've never really been happy with BINedit, since there is a much older tool of the same name (do a Google search for "binedit", and you'll see what I mean)..."
Soooo I've come up with "3D Studio Maxx" (2 x's)

Image kidding of course, think we'll just keep it BinEdit 1.02 fer now.

BinEdit 1.03

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 10:52 pm 

How about "Program wot imports funds from oil rich saudi's swiss bank account (oh, and can be used to make dern nice 3D models too)"? What? What d'ya mean "no"?

All right then, about the best name I can think of is "BinModeller". If you want you can applaud my brilliant idea and shower me with kudos. What? What d'ya mean "no" again?

But seriously, if you were to give BINedit a new name, I'd be in for a lot of work renaming my website (ah well, the menu needs a redesign anyway) so on those grounds it may be best to keep the current name to avoid heaping hardships upon me. What? You say you would anyway? Ah well, can't win them all Image

Oh yeah, I've updated my site to host and support the new version of BINedit:

The BINedit Resource - Program Details
The BINedit Resource - Download & Installation
The BINedit Resource - BINedit Updates & Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 9:37 am 

I am late but Congrats Mal!!!!!!! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 11:51 am 

Fixed the download path problem with my site, it should all now be defragilisticexpealadocious (or in times of extreme proficiency, supercaladefragilisticexpealadocious).

I'm still stupid though Image