MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:46 pm 

Same problem with the glass again, BigDOGGe. Disappearing faces really get on my nerves.

Hang on, do you know anyone who'd make water plants? I'm only asking for someone else because you're too busy. Maybe I could have some nice coral.

No need for the pump's extension cord. I'd have to make a hole somewhere lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:58 pm 

not sure on the plants....

The face problem happens with huge models like these.....same thing with Zoon Kitchen....I know of no fix other than adding the inside faces to the slabs as I did.

OK no cord for the pump.

I'm not happy with how the tang turned out.....much worse than the damsel ......the lack of colors on the track's color pallette makes portions of it turn green, even without water......I may have to find a different fish texture of a different color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:00 pm 

Here's the test track loop with all 4 fish....all the textures and bins are in the pod.

Work with these, and I will try another fish after the pump is done. You need to see if you are reaching a model limit or see if you gat a "too many vertices" error.

http://mtm2.com/~bigdogge/download/testtrack_4_fish.ZIP

UPDATE: progress so far...

I can't see details of the blue switches, so I will have to "fake it"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:05 am 

I'm just downloading the test track. If you're not happy with the tang, try a purple one. Same shape but only a bit of yellow.Here it is:

If you want fish pictures, this is good:http://www.todopesca.com/soft/salvapan/serene/serene00.htm

This might be the XP screensaver you're thinking of. Serene Screen Aquarium? This page is all in Italian so don't bother reading it unless you good on foreign languages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:45 am 

>> I don't know the bin model limits for tracks, but I think is needs serious thought.....

Aye. Click "view >> statistics" in Traxx to see the limits.

>> Any thoughts or comments from veteran track-makers on this situation? Your opinions are welcome...and sorely needed...

Bin laden: too many bin models in too small an area will often trigger an "access violation" error, thus caution and beta testing is advised.

>> the lack of colors on the track's color pallette makes portions of it turn green

This is why one generates a custom palette once the stuff is in the track. ;) In Traxx: Special >> Palette >> Button#1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:03 am 

Hi Wint. I will do beta testing but so far I have set out an oval circuit around the tank and have had no bin problems.

BigDOGGe, I see what you mean about the tang. I will update my custom track palette when the tang goes in. As for the Flame Angel, it's fine. No problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:02 am 

Here's the filter/pump......

It's as close as I can get using that one picture view......I sized it 80 feet high.

http://mtm2.com/~bigdogge/download/fluval_pump.ZIP

Now I have to get caught up with downloading and reviewing all the new Expo entries before the 4th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:57 pm 

update: Did you get the filter? ..........will it do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:59 am 

Yeah, I got the filter. I've been doing some resizing but it is fine texture-wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:59 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

When will the track be released? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:04 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

Place "fish hideouts" (like arches, treasure chests, etc.) around and use certain patterns on the rocks on the floor, to make your course. Use "invisible lifts" (like Zoon often uses) if you want the trucks to "float" up to the surface to drive on leaves. Then make the truck tumble down through the water and land on the top of a fish for a free ride [rofl] .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:33 pm 

u guys have to come up with scale for these projects so that people arent all just randomyl guessing how tall to make stuff.
give a ratio so people can just look up the actualy size of the object they are trying to build and then take that size and multiply it by somthing.
makes it so much easier than people giving a bunch of differet size stuff