MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post subject: Repost : Invalid face types and other strangeness
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:13 am 

I was playing with the MTM1 <a href=http://cownap.com/~mtmg/models/Mtm1/Mtm1pics/camptrlr.jpg>Camping Trailer</a> (<a href=http://cownap.com/~mtmg/models/Mtm1/vehical1.html>here</a>) in Binedit and noticed strange things. For one thing, after I edited the model and saved it - the next time I opened it it would fail to load, giving an "invalid face type" error, consistantly. I fixed this however, by selecting all faces and setting the group face type to normal before saving the model, so this is a trick to keep in mind if that error ever shows up again.

Also, notice the black hitch on the trailer? Oddly it isn't mapped to a black area of a texture, it's just mapped to a sort of squashed nothing at the edge of a texture, or something. It's odd, this screwy mapping results in that coal black color, you could normalize the model to any texture you like and it would look the same (I think).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:15 am 

I have no idea about the invalid face type, but I'm guessing it was a memory error or just one of those bugs. Textures mapped to the edge don't work... 2 pixels, I think, so that's explainable and repeatable.

-Angus

Keep on truckin!