MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

Post subject: Mapping issues
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:17 am 

I'm having a problem where, when I go to map an object, the comp temporarily freezes when I get to the mapping window. The screen goes blank and comes back up with an error message that the video card stopped recieving info from the computer. Usually the computer's graphics are messed up (text missing from windows/dialog boxes/etc.). I'm using an ATI Radeon 9200 PCI and I'm having to boot in VGA mode to get it to work (which it works fine, except for BE). Any suggestions/help/comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:26 pm 
Glow Ball

When I open the bin mapper I get a slight pause. The icons on the desktop disappear and then reappear as if I was doing a screen refresh. Then everything works more or less as it should. That's the closest I've come to what you're describing. I'm assuming you're using v2.0 and that dirvers and directx are up to date. One question tho before the boss gets here: did it always do this or has it just begun? And if it's a new thing, have you installed any software lately? I had an html editor mess up a sound recorder recently. I don't know the connection between the two but it happened. When I uninstalled the new program, the sound recorder went back to normal.