MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Post subject: Specifications of creating ur own textures............
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2000 12:57 pm 

Can someone please tell me the exact sizes and formats, and whatever else can help me......to save my psp raw files to use in traxx....... I tried it but it never works,it always shows up as scrambled colors and stuff....... Thank you Image

------------------
MadMan :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 2:15 am 
easy company

Go here and see if it answers your questions, if not let me know...

Visual Texture Tutorial

edit: link fixed thx WK

[This message has been edited by Malibu350 (edited 03-10-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:26 am 
Glow Ball

Nice job Malibu :-)

MadMan,

If you need to know why it's necessary to use a unique file name, please see here. That's a few notes on how the game uses the pod.ini file. It's very important to stress unique file names. If your track uses the same names as other tracks, that could be why your textures aren't looking the way you'd expect. When in doubt, move your track to the top of the pod.ini list and see if it makes a difference.

If you want to know other ways you can handle the act and raw files, please see here. That's geared toward truck making, but it doesn't matter. The principle is the same. If you haven't been using a program to convert the bitmaps to raw and act file format and/or you haven't been saving the color palette, then that too could be why the colors are not as you'd expect.

If you still need more, take a look here. That's a page that deals with creating and pasting custom textures into traxx. It doesn't say anything different from Malibu's instruction, but sometimes it helps to hear it many ways. Traxx will paste a 64x64 texture just as Malibu demonstrates. It will also allow you to paste larger graphics and it will automatically slice them up into 64x64 pieces. But please, if you're making textures, make them more like Mal's, not mine (that road corner is pretty sad).

Lastly, you'll find lots of help about traxx and textures here.

Please let us know what we've missed and any other questions you may have.

Malibu,

What track are those textures for? They look great! And can I add that page to the mtmg links?

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 6:51 am 
easy company

Thanks Phin,
i have seen this question come up several times in the past and i put this page together rather quickly just to deal with the basics to help someone who is new to the process, the mtmg covers much more indepth as far as textures go but can be overwhelming to the new track maker just starting to get familiarized.

Sure thing, feel free to link to the page, but like i said it was put together in a rush so if you see anything lacking let me know.

the track those textures are for is still in its infancy, a desert rally called Vanishing Point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 11:30 am 
Glow Ball

Quote:
the mtmg covers much more indepth as far as textures go but can be overwhelming to the new track maker just starting

Agreed. And I've linked to your page from the "helpful links" part of the links page. The more info the merrier. I just didn't want to link to it if you didn't plan on keeping it there. Thanks.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 2:08 pm 

Nice page Malibu. I have downloaded PSP, but haven't had a chance to start figuring it out yet, you've given me quite a leg up there, thanks.

Madman, if your textures look correct in Traxx, but odd in the game, then Phin's suggestions about file naming and trying to move your pod file to the top of the list in your pod.ini file sound right.

If your textures look incorrect in Traxx, then there is a problem with the .act file that has the same name as your .raw file. I mess this up all the time when I am doing a lot of (i.e. more than one) manual texture file saves. If you simply don't have an .act pallette for your .raw texture, you see something psychedelic in Traxx, I'm not sure what .act file Traxx uses then, but it certainly makes it easy to spot the mistake hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2000 3:22 pm 

Thanks guys, i just recently downloaded the cracked version of PSP5 at http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/cam_evader/frameset.htm .....its a pretty sweet program..even though is pretty much like PSP4, thanks for the help, MTM MadMan
Image Image Image Image Image