MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 2:37 pm 

I like that last illustration you made Obe, it really illustrates how Traxx takes the 2 pixel overlap.

I sometimes have problems with Traxx cutting up textures that require exact alignment, so I end up doing it manually. I think it is just the resolution of the little grid, sometimes I end up letting Traxx cut up the same image a dozen times, moving the alignment grid just one more pixel to the right or down each time.

The only "trick" is to start with the correct size original tiling image. For 3 tiles x 3 tiles the original image size should be 180x180 pixels. You can't have an image that tiles well, then resize it and still expect it to tile well. Pixels get added or deleted from various spots.

Now take the 180x180 and tile it so you have a 540x540 image, then it starts to get interesting hehe. You need to cut out the 9 overlapping center tiles of this large image. The way I would do it is to show a 60x60 reference grid over the image, then cut 64x64 tiles. Ooverlap each 60x60 grid by 2 pixels on each side to get the correct alignment.

If that last bit is hard to follow, send me a tiling 180x180 image you are happy with, and I will cut it up this way for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 2:33 am 

If i want to make a taxture to cover the whole level i always make a square of 3x3, blur it very slightly and cut a square 64x64-128x128 and paste it as a new image to add detail or paste it in traxx.

------------------
Yours Mentally
SIG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2000 3:59 am 

LOL, this is interested me, cuz i wanna start doing custom textures, and if u wanna help me, check my topic.

Still have to learn to do the normal ones (even with lines) and then try to do seamless ones, but i didn't understand a thingy from what u people typed here. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2000 4:56 am 
Glow Ball

Ok, try this out
http://karf.net/beta/ccbase.zip

It's only 29 k and is likely as good as you'll get (CUZ THE STARTING PIC IS STILL A PROBLEM).

Anyway, I used MIYH's suggestion and it seems to have worked, though I think it would have been easier to just paste the 9x9 section and only use the middle textures.

P.S. There is way to much green in the original graphic. You can cut some of that out by adjusting the RGB or color palette.

------------------
- Phineus