MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

Post subject: OOPS;-) Textures availlable for download
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:13 am 

Blowing my own horn here ;-))

For trackmakers that are interested in using my textures, I put some files on my website (www.oopstracks.com) that contain pods with templates for all my texturesets, including the textures of 2 (so far) unreleased tracks.

These texture sets can be used for the games MTM2, 4x4evo1 and 4x4evo2, I also included some TXP files you can use in TRAXX

I hope you can give me a good time with them ;-))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:30 am 

Hey hey hey Oops Image How's in Holland?

Quote:
I hope you can give me a good time with them

Only if you still play MTM2.

------------------
The humans think it is a poison of the blood that makes us what we are.
Fools, the blood only feeds the bodies we live in. To create a vampire,
one must steal a soul from the abyss to reanimate the corpse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:56 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fila:
<B>Hey hey hey Oops Image How's in Holland?

Only if you still play MTM2.

</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I must confess, I haven't played it in ages.....

But since my evo textures can also be used for mtm2 i though, what the heck ;-))

I just hope PPL who use them also send me a mail so I can see what they've done ;-))

How's rumania BTW?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:51 am 

Eh the usual.

Hey you should put your textures on karf.net too.

------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:53 am 

http://www.oopstracks.com/ -- Very cool OOPS! I hope folks will remember to generate a custom track palette to make the best of them in MTM.

I see the screenshots of your Evo2 tracks and can't help but wish you were still making them for MTM. Some time ago I went as far as to quickly convert one of your Buran tracks as far as I could and then viewed it in MTM2 and Evo1, but of course all I saw was terrain and textures, I could admire that much at least, hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:54 pm 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Winterkill:
<B> http://www.oopstracks.com/ -- Very cool OOPS! I hope folks will remember to generate a custom track palette to make the best of them in MTM.

I see the screenshots of your Evo2 tracks and can't help but wish you were still making them for MTM. Some time ago I went as far as to quickly convert one of your Buran tracks as far as I could and then viewed it in MTM2 and Evo1, but of course all I saw was terrain and textures, I could admire that much at least, hehe.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fila: Karf.net would be a good place indeed, i'm not stopping them from downloading ;-))

WK, how's life bud? haven't heard you in ages, good to hear from you!

PPL should indeed "custom palet" this, or it will look like crap ;-))

Buran is basicly an evo1 track, i just added trees, I love the evo2 vegitation system, evo1 s*cked at trees and objects IMO. Buran being evo1 means you can also use the models from that track for evo1 purposes, not that this is of any use for the MTM2 community, but the bin versions of those buildings might be (some of them), I made some of these buildings for an mtm2 track I was making with ZooN, but it caused a too low framerate....

I'm not stopping anyone converting them to bin format, but it would mean resizing some of those 512x512 textures to 256x256 (in RGB mode) again before you convert them in Zmodeller. but I'm not sure the bin export works in that program, I haven't tested.

If you run into problems converting, then please drop me an email and I will dig up the originals somewhere, including the windmill base models.

Sorry if I disapoint some of you with not making mtm2 tracks anymore, but evo2 is just sooooo much better for editing, maybe mtm3? depends on the editor I guess, I heard angel studios is working on that, but have not seen confermation about it, anyone?

If it is angel studios then we might expect a traxx like editor since Guitar Bill is an employe there, right?

I still love that litte program, and still use it as a starting point for evo tracks, the texture patterns and better "ground modelling" still make this a very good starting point for new tracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:35 am 

Quote:
but evo2 is just sooooo much better for editing

That may be. Indeed the vegetation system is superb. Just that the game s*cks Image

------------------