MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

Post subject: Chroma key value for textures
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:17 pm 

Phineus, whats the R,G,B value for chroma key? Going to place on model/s with four points much like the animation you did for me.

Also, does the texture wrap around the object, I want to make a couple signs that stretches across my 3 box width roads. Better yet, id prefer to provide image to you so you can slap it together real quick. If I happen to venture on another track, I will get and learn whats needed to do it myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:54 pm 
Glow Ball

I had to look up chroma key. I should've know'd already [bump]

Quote:
The Chroma Key process is based on the Luminance key. In a luminance key, everything in the image over (or under) a set brightness level is "keyed" out and replaced by either another image, or a color from a color generator. (Think of a keyhole or a cookie-cutter.) Primarily this is used in the creation of titles. A title card with white on black titles is prepared and placed in front of a camera. The camera signal is fed into the keyer's foreground input. The background video is fed into the keyer. The level control knob on the keyer is adjusted to cause all the black on the title card to be replaced by the background video. The white letters now appear over the background image.

If that's what you're talking about 8,8,8 is the threshold point. Below is masked out; above is not.

> does the texture wrap around the object

No, not like you're thinking. Models are mapped to textures so you have control over their appearance.

Related to this, I have quite a few suggestions after running the last beta. It'll take me a bit to put it together. Meantime, if you've done much terrain editing, I'd like you to send me this file... along with anything else you want me to have a look at.

DATA\BSBIRD.RAW

As for future tracks, let's cross that bridge when we get to it. This one has been interesting since you're working in tracked2 and ordinarily I'll use traxx and other programs... so yea, it's been kinda fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:20 pm 

Basically, Chroma key is used on textures for trees. The model is still there but you only see the tree. Easiest way I can explain it...

Got a few more textures... a couple I will want on model as sign.
Thinking the track will be called 'Bs Crasher'.
If you think of anything better, let me know...