MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:33 pm

Post subject: Texture Error
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:59 pm 

I'm currently working on my first track (NIR Twister Canyon) and desided to use a base texture from KC's backyard. I just threw this down on the track so I could pod the track and get a feel for the terrain layout and the ramp timing. The pictures below will show you what I'm talking about...

This picture shows what the texture looks like in TRAXX (RKCR1001.RAW)

This is what the texture looks like in the game.

And in this pic, I found a texture that looks very similar to the one I put in my track, but not so streached out? so to speek.

Does anyone know that causes this? Or is it because I don't have all the track elements put to into the track? Cus when I redo terrain and re-write the pod, I get that error saying what is missing with the track, the things I have left out for now was checkpoints, and a secondary course segments (computer truck path). I dunno if thats it or not, Im just taking a shot in the dark. Cus that error window at the bottom says the pod might not work correctly in MTM. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks. :)

(Oh I should also note, that the picture of what the texture looks like in the game is in software mode. I dont think it makes a diffrence tho, because when I pod up KC's backyard, nothing looks out of wack.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:23 pm 
The Dog House

Max, it {maybe} that your missing a texture. Another thing you can try is to turn off the old pod in the game then delete it and make a new one. If these things dont work hang tight a PRO will be along to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:27 pm 
Glow Ball

First, do this
http://cownap.com/~mtmg/folderoptions.shtml

How to fix the texture appearance
http://cownap.com/~mtmg/traxx/palette.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:49 am 

I had already previously fixed the folder options when I was making the TRAXX school track, cus everytime I saved my work and re-opened TRAXX, I kept getting a window popup saying bad models, and would list the model name.

And as for the other link you gave me Phin, that worked great! as you can see.....

Now, this may not be perdinent at this time, cus I have not layed all the textures yet, but in that MTMG turorial at the bottom. It says...
Quote:
Note: that the race-start splash screen image (Wilderness truck in MTM2) is drawn with the track's palette, so it may look different than before, depending on what colors are available. Don't worry about it; your track is what's most important, right?

And that screen did exactly what the note says might happen, but now the truck itself seems to be suffering from the same effect...

I don't know if this is normal or not, and I don't know if the proplem will be automatically cured so to speek, once I lay all the textures down, and get them set proplely. But my main objective was to get rid of that awful looking texture that I had before. But maybe Imm missing something else as to why the truck is displayed like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:51 am 
Glow Ball

You are entering the funky world of track palettes. All tracks use a single palette to display all colors, including trucks. Once you finish the track and regenerate the color palette, most of these problems will go away. If there are still problems, you can try using one of the stock palettes (from the drop down in the track component box) or we can talk about some workarounds that often-times help. For now, tho, it's way too early to worry about.

re: the error.

You'll have to be more specific. I was only guessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:48 am 

For the first picture its 100% like Phin said. The color palette was wrong. Just change it to a nice fitting palatte so the colors look more nice. I always use a stock palette to avoid more problems.

About the models: I had the same problem with my first track I ever made using custom models. Dunno if its the same prob Max, but you may have put the downloaded files in the wrong folder (thats what I did). Make sure to copy the ".RAW/.ACT" in the "art folder", and the ".BIN" in the "models folder". After that you need to delete all models again. Yeah, but only if above is the cause. If you do have to delete them all, use the little cissor. This way the models boxes stay and keep their properties so it isnt "so much" work.. [:P]

Hope this will clear out and hopefully im not telling lies, but for the most you better listen to Phin [:-)] lol

Hope to race on it soon,
Ash