MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Post subject: Thanks Phineus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:52 pm 

i have no idea how to post pictures so heres the link to the picture.

http://vales.com/mtm2/topic.asp?whichpa ... 7&ARCHIVE=

this was only possible because of the site phin gave me to help with textures. its a simple straight line drag course in the middle of a speedway. the picture was from PSP. im looking for things to improve on in this project since there are so many good track makers here. thanks for any and all input!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:17 pm 
easy company

g8tor those textures look fantastic for a first effort. Well done man. But i'm afraid you won't find much help here as far as drag specifics go. Those in the know (drag fanatics) may be lurking about but they don't speak up very often around here. But as far as the track making basics in general go there's a ton of help to be had here.
If i'm not mistaken the tutorial Phin pointed you to was done up by Wint who is amazing when it comes to textures... heck I still learn from the guy which is what prompted my last track and the one i'm working on now.

Keep up the good work and feel free to upload a beta track here or ask questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:25 pm 

thanks malibu350!

first i want to say that none of my tracks that i have ever done could have been completed without the help of you and your scrap yard. i find so much stuff there that i use!

also i wasnt really looking for drag specifics from here, i know that mtmg is more of a circuit racer hang out. i have my beta testers for that part :)

all the tracks you all have made just amaze me with the texture work so i thought id see what you guys thought about it and once i get the textures 100% done in traxx and some basic models ill post a beta. i really look forward to what you have to say about my future work. once again thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:50 pm 
Glow Ball

Quote:
i know that mtmg is more of a circuit racer hang out.

Really? We do not discourage anybody. If the draggers don't hang out here, it isn't because they are not welcome.

Anyway.... Great job on the textures. They look great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:12 pm 
easy company

If the MTMG is stereotyped as being a 'circuit' place it's only because we lack a bit in the drag expertise personnel department. But make no mistake, this place was born on the goal of helping everyone and everything that has to do with MTM. Be it drags, rumbles, circuits, rnr's, cnc's, byob's, trucks, models, textures or whatever.... track type or any other mtm 'bias' is a four letter word that will forever be banned and frowned upon here. If you find it fun, and it deals with the game, or you need help with it, or want to help and give your 2 cents... then by all means you're at the right place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:00 am 

i never meant that you discourage anyone or you guys perfer circuit racers. There are some draggers here that post occaisonaly but the majoritaty of them are at KC's another great site. Personally i like this site more i think the people are more helpful and they answer your questions quicker and in a less negative way(if that makes sense.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:12 pm 
The Dog House

g8torsbizktai20 wrote:
and in a less negative way(if that makes sense.)

Thats why I never go there. To many CHILDREN'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:41 pm 

By the way is there anyway to post an image without a url so i dont have to post links every time i want to show something like the future textures?