It sounds like the ramp you're retexturing needs to be mapped better to get the lines to line up the way you want. This is fairly simple to do in binedit.
1) open the ramp model in binedit.
2) hold down the Ctrl button and press the A key on your keyboard to select all the faces.
3) with all the faces selected (green) open the mapper by pressing the T key.
4) with the mapper open, find the 'Layout' button on the right of the main mapper window and press it.
5) if the lines are still not correct you probably just need to rotate the vertex coordinates which is easily done under the Flip/Rotate tab located on the Texture tools box. Try rotating or flipping the verts to see if that helps... if not you will probably need to nudge verts around individually to get things lined up proper.
Please take a look here for some detailed mapper help... http://binedit.com/help
If that doesn't solve or help you with the problem let me know.