MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:19 am

Post subject: Did MTM1 use the 2 pixel overlap when 3d accelerated?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:33 pm 

So I finally figured out that running MTM1 without compatibility mode works with dgVoodoo and, by putting hardware acceleration on in game, you can get the same upscaling for it as you can for MTM2. What I am amazed by (as it's the first time I've ever run MTM1 with acceleration) is that the ground textures suddenly aren't seamless anymore. Is this a function of the upscale or did MTM1 use the 2 pixel overlap specifically for the accelerated textures?

Post subject: Re: Did MTM1 use the 2 pixel overlap when 3d accelerated?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:19 am 

Dude!!! I'm literally blown away by this! I've always wanted to play MTM1 at a 1920x1080 resolution but could never figure it out, so this is a pretty awesome discovery. I also like how the ground textures are no longer pixielated when running hardware acceleration, they almost look like the way they would look when you have the MTM1 tracks running in MTM2. The only downside however is that the trucks are a fair bit lower in detail with low-res textures and minor transparency issues among the chassis and wheels, but apart from that, it's great!

Post subject: Re: Did MTM1 use the 2 pixel overlap when 3d accelerated?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:01 am 

Decided too give this a go myself, works surprisingly well.
If someone figures out how too bypass the normal texture limit on the game now though.
(As you can bypass the warning fine changing the texturedetail too 2 in the config file but crashes ofc right away doing so trying too do anything really besides being in the menu.)
Would be nice figuring out the view distance setting in this game engine as well too increase that further.