MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 pm

Post subject: Problem with a model
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:08 pm 

I'm trying to remake The MTWS 2015 Baltimore track & i found this model of M&T Bank Stadium to use. But for some reason when i drive closer to the model. it disippears & when i apply texture to it & make it gray on the outside, the models textures inside turn gray as i get closer to the stadium, how do i fix it so it doesn't do this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Problem with a model
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:18 pm 

This also happens on my Custom Denver 2020 track where Broncos stadium disappears when getting closer

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:54 pm 

The model is too big for the game to render properly. the way we always got around it in the past is to duplicate the faces and flip them inside out. I think merging the vertices helped as well but it's been so long since I made a stadium model. I also remember that method wasn't fool proof but it should help in your case.

I've been making stadiums lately by breaking the stands into smaller segments and using both those models and terrain to build the venue.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:31 pm 

N_Gage_18 wrote:
The model is too big for the game to render properly. the way we always got around it in the past is to duplicate the faces and flip them inside out. I think merging the vertices helped as well but it's been so long since I made a stadium model. I also remember that method wasn't fool proof but it should help in your case.

I've been making stadiums lately by breaking the stands into smaller segments and using both those models and terrain to build the venue.

you mean too big as in too many faces or to big as it the file is too stretched out? cause the Denver model is 1200 faces & Baltimore was 1700 before i had a buddy do what you said & duplicate/merge & it was 3500 faces & merge got it to 2200 before it looked bad. I resized it to make it like an arena size & it didn't make a difference. if its the face amount the problem. whats the limit?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:45 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

I understand it is too big as in size. If the bin had too many faces the game would just lag or crash. you should try splitting the stadium model into smaller parts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:12 pm 

Kmaster wrote:
I understand it is too big as in size. If the bin had too many faces the game would just lag or crash. you should try splitting the stadium model into smaller parts.

Huh, interesting. I was looking at other stadium models i have & my denver model for example has 1241 faces. while Sam Boyd Stadium from WF10 has 1207 faces. both are very close to each other. so i wonder if there is a limit that Denver & Baltimore are crossing. I find it hard to believe that Sam Boyd would be fine but Denver is too big. Maybe i'll try shrinking Denver 1st & see what happens before i do Baltimore. The Baltimore model is over 1700 faces so that will be pain to cutdown & make seperate models....