MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 pm

Post subject: error
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 6:51 am 

i don't know how to post pictures but when i pod a new Tr?ck I have to remove another pod file before mtm2 will start. The show details read:

Debugging info: CRace::init- unable to open SIT file

File: d:\metal\crush2\core\RACE.cpp

Line:243

Can anyone help?

Thanks
K-Dawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 7:18 am 
Glow Ball

Oh, well, that's different from the unable to show image message that I had expected. I'm glad we posted here.
<center>
</center>
My guess is that you're using Tracked2. and that somewhere along the line the *.SIT file has become corrupted (or maybe omitted from the pod making process).

I'm not a tracked2 expert, but here's a check list that may help.

- make sure you're saving the sit file before you pod
- make sure you use only 8 letters (no spaces)
- make sure the name is unique or matches the name of your track

If you use Winpod to view the contents of the POD, can you see the sit file? It would be in the world\ folder near the bottom usually.

If this doesn't help, I know of only three people who we could approach for an answer. They'd be RaRRRR, LiteningZ@P, and Yeastman. As far as I know, they are the only guys still using Tracked2.

On the other hand, if I'm mistaken and you are in fact using Traxx, then we'd be really stuck. But before jumping to conclusions....

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 7:20 am 
Glow Ball

Now I've just re-read your post and mine and I'm not sure I'm any happier with my response. Is this for mtm1 or mtm2?

For mtm2.

mtm2 has a pod limit of 30 pods only. If you install the Patch, you can have up to 99 pods mounted at one time. But that's all.

However, there are a few things you can do to cram a few extra in. If you have a lot of addon trucks podded, you might want to use PodMate by Oliver Pieper. That will allow you to combine many trucks into a single pod. So, for example, you could merge 10 trucks into 1 pod. That would free up 9 extra spots for additional tracks.

Another thing you can do is use the Pod Swapping Batch File. It's tricky to use but you can group bunches of tracks together in different pod.ini files. Then you could run your rumbles when you're rumbling, or your team's tracks when you're racing with them, or you favs, etc. The trouble is that you cannot run everything at once, but the Pod Swapping Batch File offers a quick way to switch a large number of pods all at once.

For mtm1

Use PodMate to merge your tracks. Merging tracks in mtm2 doesn't work so well because it will generate the "different version" message that aims to eliminate cheaters. That doesn't happen for mtm1 because the game can only handle 30 pods total.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 14-03-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 7:25 am 

Its for MTM2 it really isn't MY track with the problem its any track i pod to equal the number of 85 pods or more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 7:32 am 
Glow Ball

85? Then you have a bad pod there someplace. Something is either corrupted or conflicts with something mounted higher in the list. You should get a good solid 99 pods mounted. If it isn't your track causing the problem, then it's simply somebody else's that has the same problems I'm trying to describe. The bummer is that the only way you'll know which it is, is by trial and error. Even unpodding everything and adding tracks one by one won't guaranty you which track is causing the conflict because of the way the game reads the podini file.

Can anyone else shed some light on this one?

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 1:01 pm 

Dunno if this helps KD, but I use PODULATOR to mount/unmount tracks and trucks. It seems to re-write the pod.ini file automatically and I've never had a problem with it.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart