MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:18 am

Post subject: I'm trying to make a new truck
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 11:12 am 
I'm trying to make a new vehicle. I've never really edited the trk file before. Only things like the name, wav, etc.

But now I'm trying to make changes to the position of the wheels, etc.

Here's the problem I've encountered. The truck with the new file, is almost totally unsteerable, except at low speeds.

Also, as soon as I give it some gas it rears up on the hind wheels and drives along like that.

What can I do to make this right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 5:34 pm 
Glow Ball

Sounds to me like you've been playing with tire sizes. Unfortunately, oversized and undersized tires don't perform well. It will probably be best to go back and reset the "y" values you changed, then try it again.

Unless somebody has had more luck than I have.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 10:02 pm 
Well that did fix the problem of it rearing up. And the steering is a little better, but still kind of slow.

The model I'm using is bigger than a normal truck. Could that have an effect on the way it responds, and is there a way I can improve it?

This is what I'm working on:

<center>
</center>

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 7:48 am 

There are a couple of buses at KC's Trucks download area (under "wierd"). You could try looking to see how they were put together to give you some answers. I have used the RSG TEAM BUS by Rtrucks and it handles as well as any of the stock trucks. Just a suggestion from someone who hasn't a clue how to make trucks! Image Good luck.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

[This message has been edited by EmceeMart (edited 21-04-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 11:22 am 
Glow Ball

I have made two over-sized vehicals and didn't really have any trouble after I settled on the limits of the game. The Godzilla monster truck in the godzilla pack drives ok (can't tip it on it's head). And a london double decker bus that was intended for a Carm to Mtm2 conversion pack. Except for the size, they handle ok. What, specifically, is your doing or not doing?

Btw, you might want to raise the body of that thing a bit in binedit. It doesn't have to sit so low to the ground if you don't want it to.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 7:37 pm 
I'm not going to worry about it too much, this is what I wanted to make, but was having trouble with the model.

Now I got it too work.

The lights still needs some editing, they kind of float in the middle of nowhere Image