MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Post subject: Other Games 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 7:23 pm 

OK.. I realise the "other games" discussion was getting big.. and in some cases off-topic.
But I think the original topic (Trip's) was significant to MTM and 4x4, so I'd like to share the latest news re "Screamer 4x4" from the source:

"Hello,

I promised that I will notify you when an english demo will be avilable of s4x4.
You can download it from
http://www.3dfiles.com/games/screamer4x4.shtml ( link here: screamer4x4 }
or http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=screamer4x4 and here( avault )

I hope you will like it.

Regards,

Csaba Berényi - Clever's"

Despite what has been said about comparisons - re game physics, damage, realism, I think (my opinion only of course) that the games we have been comparing over the last few months all have their own merits.
Insane looks to be a great "fun" game... I enjoyed the demo immensely.. and on the strength of it I will probably end up buying the full game.
Screamer 4x4 seems to be more of a realistic simulation, and for that, will appeal to a different gendre of "sim" players or "gamers". Nevertheless.. it looks great, and the vehicle physics are probably about as good as you'll get.
4x4 Evo... what can I say? Seems like ALL of us has had a say in how this game was developed, so we got what we wanted. Personally I think TRI have got the balance between "gameplay/arcade" and "realistic simulation" just right.

Don't compare these different games in the mindset that one is better than the other.

For what it's worth I think:

1: Insane - great FUN racing game. Excellent graphics, damage ability, brilliant! Choice of race modes, great.
Bottom line, will I buy it? Yes.. but I may wait a while.

2: 4x4 Screamer - great game, crap name. But that's up to Virgin (the publishers).. My guess is they want to continue the "Screamer" game theme... but this is nothing like it. It is, from what I know, a very accurate simulation - very non-arcade. The graphics are great, terrain and vehicles. I reckon this "game" will be the Off-Road Vehicle equivalent of the best "flight simulation" you will ever see.

3: 4x4 Evo... no comment needed. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 2:15 am 

I am with MC all the way. Yes, every game has his own characteristics, and everything MC says it's true.

Speakin about Screamer 4x4, i won't download the english version since i've heard it's no difference just the language, but from playin the demo, it really left me a pretty good impression about the game and will deffinatly going to add it to my racing collection as it is a great game. The game physics are very well made, although they are a little bouncy, i can't say it doesn't please me. Of course, at 1st i was "shocked" but then i started to like the bouncy thing and especially the difficulty that it brings in climbing and driving down a rough terrain. And the graphics look very good.
Speaking of Screamer 4x4, what is everyones best time? mine is 44 seconds.

About 4x4 Evo, got nodda to say either.

About Insane, ain't got the demo.

------------------
Fila's Nuthouse

Rules are ment to be broken. Either u like it or hate it.

Fila