MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 am

Post subject: Hello people
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:09 pm 

It seems, it's been so long since i've been here. I can't believe this community is still going strong and growing too. This game got me into editing and those kinds of things that look so impossible when you didn't know a bin from a vertex. I can remember the feeling when i first podded a truck, i don't think i ever got the same excitement on a game hehe. Well, I give two thumbs up to Phineus and others that seem to have been here forever. Without them I guarantee this community would be nothing but a memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:30 pm 
Glow Ball

Hey man, thanks for stopping in. I know the main mtm bbs is down so I appreciate you making the effort to drop in here.

btw, angus set up an ezboard to serve as the new main.
http://pub86.ezboard.com/fnewmtmboardfrm1

Anyway, don't make a stranger of yerself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 2:39 am 

Hey Phin, has anyone figured a way to pod over 100 tracks and trucks? I believe it was Hacman that wanted to take on that challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 7:37 am 
Glow Ball

My understanding was 99 pods which could contain up to 99 *.trk files and 99 *.sit files. That's hard coded into the game so the only work around would be if you could hexedit the exe and somehow raise the limit. But that's a tricky business with doubtful chances of success. And, only way to get those numbers would be to merge the pods. In fact, I think this is where some people run into problems when they say the game won't allow more than 70 or 80 pod files. I think they're already over one of the 99 file limits, even tho they have less than 99 pods. Of course, this last part is speculation. I don't think anybody has actually tried to count all those files, lol.

Now what might be good, but will never happen, is if one of those people who work day and night cracking time limits on programs would actually have a shot at this. At least then something fun might come out of all their know-how.

But, hey, what do I know; I'm still looking for the hidden truck ;-)