MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

Post subject: ObeOne
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:03 am 
easy company

I realize you are in the process of redoing area's of your site but I just wanted to point out a couple things of concern Image

first of all in netscape there is no dialog box to post a new topic, reply to a topic or edit a post in your new forum, making it virtually read only for me and other NS users.

second, the link redirect to the hot laps forum I posted to from my site to your site do not work in fact they crash my browser every time rendering all my links useless... again Image

there was something else but I can't remember, oh well those two are the most important for now, so lemme know if they can be fixed so I can get things back in order on my end.

[edit] oh ya, all I see in the new truck archive is html code with netscape and with IE the font is microscopic and blurred borderline unreadable, ...the track archive is fine.

[This message has been edited by Malibu350 (edited 05-09-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 12:58 pm 

>>first of all in netscape there is no dialog box to post a new topic, reply to a topic or edit a post in your new forum, making it virtually read only for me and other NS users.

Have you tried it in IE? Remember, you must be logged in in order to post. If indeed it is a bug, I will report it to the Ikonboard people ASAP.

>>second, the link redirect to the hot laps forum I posted to from my site to your site do not work in fact they crash my browser every time rendering all my links useless... again

Ruh Roh... I'm not sure if this is fixable, but I'll try. You may just want to link to the HL forum, rather than each individual post, because finding the track you're looking for is no longer a problem with the new alphabetical sort option. It may not be as nice, but anything would be better than for you to have to redo all those links Image.

>>oh ya, all I see in the new truck archive is html code with netscape and with IE the font is microscopic and blurred borderline unreadable, ...the track archive is fine.

Both archives are very experimental, and Whoop is in charge of them. I'll talk with him and see what's up. BTW... look for the launch of the new Road Rage before October Image.

Sorry for the inconveniences Image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:28 am 
easy company

IE works just fine, everything works great in NS too except the dialog box does not appear.

Screen Shot

>>>...new alphabetical sort option.

didn't notice that, that helps a great deal... cool

the track and truck archives will be great when the're ready... tell Whoop to hurry up Image

[This message has been edited by Malibu350 (edited 09-09-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 4:23 am 

Thanks for the pic Mal... I'll forward that to the Ikonboard people right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 1:07 am 
Glow Ball

While we're here, I can't log into the forum, in either browser. I get a 404 page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 3:28 am 
easy company

The Hot Laps redirect is linking here... http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

instead of here... http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:33 am 

Hmmm... try it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 5:06 am 
easy company

Nope still gettin...
<I>Not Found

TextThe requested URL /cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.20 Server at www.domain.com Port 80</I>

I am linking to individual threads so this may not even be possible to fix?...

Another note: the alpha sort seems to be buggy, for instance when I select "topic title" / "ascending order" its works great initially but when you go to any of the other 18 pages the sort is reset to default, "last post date" / "descending order" making it very difficult to find a particular track especially since there is no search feature with 500+ threads.

[This message has been edited by Malibu350 (edited 09-09-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 5:46 am 

The sort thing is in the current bug list, and I believe the next version is scheduled to be out within the next couple days, so hopefully most of this will be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:54 am 
easy company

here's another bug,
<I>Ikonboard Message
Ikonboard does not allow offsite posting.

You are NOT logged in </I>

I get that message when I try to edit a post which I do almost on a daily basis with new lap times sent in or that I find.

BTW, I am logged in, at the top of the board it says "welcome Malibu350" and I am using IE being NS still is an incompatibble browser. ... I'm not sure what it means by off site posting because I searched through the pages to find the thread I needed to edit... did'nt do anything unusual.

it may be caused by my no longer being a mod therefore I'm unable to edit... after all it is a team SLO forum and thats cool... perhaps Phin could make a space somewhere on this board to host some fast laps, I have a ---tload of editing to do and want to get it done asap it may as well be here cuz that icon board seems a bit too beta buggy and from what I see I just don't trust it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 9:56 am 

Fixed the moderator problem... I accidently had N8 as the moderator for that forum. I will be upgrading to the next version tonight, so hopefully some of these bugs will be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:43 am 

N8 as moderator? Bah

------------------
Idle hands are the devils playground!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:41 am 

The 'topic' sort option now works properly, and keeps the sort when you change pages. How is it looking for u Netscapers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 4:36 am 
easy company

the sort works great now... thanks

now if I could just post or edit in NS were back in business...