MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

Post subject: So what are the proper CNR rules?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:24 am 
What are the rules of CNR games? I think it's two people racing and two 'cops' trying to stop their 'robber' win. However that's probably wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:52 am 

Ok, this is what i can remember from the CNR times (exploring CNR005 and CNR008 was a blast).

Before you start the game u choose the teams, it can be 4vs4, 3vs5, any number. It is recommended to use the CNR trucks but villains can use what they want. Cops need to use cop cars!

U set the time, let's say 10min. The cop needs to make the villain turn with the wheels in the air and to remain like that or to remain on a side, but if the villain falls on it's wheels again he is not caught. If the villain falls by itself it does not count. The cop needs to tip the villain off. If cops catch all the villains then cops win, if at least one villain escapes during the 10min time the robbers win.

------------------
The humans think it is a poison of the blood that makes us what we are.
Fools, the blood only feeds the bodies we live in. To create a vampire,
one must steal a soul from the abyss to reanimate the corpse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:11 am 
easy company

Fila pretty much nailed it (in Romainglish :) but if you want a more detailed description post that same question at this bbs http://hangin.at/mtmbbs , one of the guys who helped invent the game and write the rulebook (Alpine) visits there often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:09 am 
Glow Ball

LAPD saved us once. I wouldn't let it get lost again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
<FONT SIZE=+3>Playing Cops 'n' Robbers</FONT>

<FONT SIZE=+2>How to Begin a Game</FONT>

The game begins by gathering your buds, and choosing which track andtrucks you will use. (The 'official' premier CNR release will contain severalto choose from, including a mystery car.)

You must decide amongst yourselves who is to be the robber, and selectthe appropriate vehicles.

You do NOT need add-ons to play this game! You can drive any track andany truck, and will play just as well in MTM1 as in MTM2!

<FONT SIZE=+2>Object of the Game</FONT>

Robbers attempt to escape for a full 20 minutes, using any part of thetrack he wishes, unless agreed upon by the host and players to use boundaries.

The 'cops' chase the runner in an attempt to 'capture' the robber.

<FONT SIZE=+2>How a capture is counted</FONT>

A police vehicle must force the getaway vehicle off its wheels (i.e.,onto its roof or side) or force him into a part of the track he cannotescape from, and then make contact with his truck while his truck cannotdrive! When the robber cannot escape, he must call the helicopter. At thispoint, you can choose to end the game, or if you are keeping records, continuethe chase again until the clock (rumble versions only) runs out. It isthe rule that if a robber is driving along, with no cops in the immediatevacinity, and accidentally topples his own vehicle on its side, that ISa potential capture, and all a cop has to do is come make contact withthe robbers vehicle before the game sets him back on his wheels. If a copslams a robber onto his side, but he makes contact with a wall, building,tree, whatever, he could easily argue that it was because of the wall thathe fell over.  Think of it this way, if you were running from thecops for real, and you tripped over your own shoelaces, would the copswait for you to get up? Or would they slap on the cuffs?

<FONT SIZE=+2>Hosting and Scoring</FONT>

The host of the current match will record how many times the robberwas "captured" in this way, but the match will continue until the 20 minutetimer runs out.

As soon as a "cop" makes a capture, by flipping the other vehicle, heMUST report it via an in-game message.

When the game ends, all players will confer on the number of capturesto agree whether or not the host has the correct number.

The Robber may ONLY use the helicopter if he/she is in a inescapablesituation, such as in deep water with no climbable walls, and the like.

Any use of the helicopter for means of cheating, such as escaping fromthe Cops and trying to get on top of buildings, etc., will result in ayour being disqualified for that round.

If any Cops leave the game in progress, it shall continue unless decidedby the players to end the game.

If the Robber leaves a game, the Host is to end that game.

Main Rule and the most important: HAVE FUN! If you're going to be arobber, realize beforehand that you will probably get caught.

If you honestly believe a capture was unfair or somehow unjustified,speak with the game Host in a calm rational matter, but DO NOT WHINE aboutit.  Everybody gets caught sometime!

<FONT SIZE=+1>- Krystal Ize & Alpine</FONT>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:23 am 
easy company

LOL, I had that too somewhere but can't find it..

good show Phin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 9:16 pm 
Cheers for the help. I thought I had it wrong. Maybe my wild guess at the rules could be another game.

p.s That quote from Phineus- I think someone has a dodgy spacebar (andtrucks, severalto, selectthe, andany...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:57 am 
Trackologist

Ahhh yes - there it is! As I read it the memories came flooding back. I recall being in a room with LAPD_Cobra, LAPD_Beretta, Mechie, and about 3 others from the team...and they beat the crap outta me. Hehe, but after the game I got the link to their page, which was the first time I read the rules on CNR.

Great job pulling this out of the old archives, Phin - it'll definitely come in handy as I start checking out some of these CNRs, including the beta by SIGate. Think I'll post this in our forum as well. Image

Cope