MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 am

Post subject: Simply wonderful
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:20 am 

It sure is great to see this place alive and kicking. Phin you will never cease to amaze me. All this great work and with a spike thru your head too. ;-)
I been spending most of my computer time playing with graphics, models and art. If y'all are bored swing over to http://gkcastle.crosswinds.net
and check out some of the wallpapers I've been making. Keep in mind I'm just an amateur hobbiest.
Last night I actually loaded and played a game of MCM2 (the first game I played in about 6 months). It reminded me just how much fun I used to have in this community. Think I'll have to go home, load MTM2 up and maybe see if I can remember how to make a track or three. I've had an idea for a track in my head since before Popcorn but never got around to making it.
I'm gonna want to see how far track making has progressed so please tell me the names of some of the ground breaking tracks that have been put out lately. And I'm also curious to find out if, now that the computers are plenty faster can MTM2 handle a track with higher polygon counts in the models and with a heavier population of models in some areas of a track. Besides, I'm gonna want to DL some new tracks to drive. Which ones should I grab folks??

Again, it's great to see some familar names still hangin round here!!!

Laters
Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:51 am 
easy company

Heya SJ, good to see ya...

Man, your artwork is truely incredible... beautiful would be a serious understatement.

as far as tracks go I've had some fun converting a few evo1-2 tracks over to mtm2 that people seem to enjoy... and there's many other fine tracks as well, just check the "Track Talk" section here for the latest....

yes the newer pc's and cards can handle the higher poly counts without bringing the games frame rates to its knees, but there is always more to be desired Image

I for one hope to see you around more often and absolutely would love to see any track you make, based on your proven artistic talents at the castle and your last endevor Popcorn, you would surely blow us away. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:34 pm 
Trackologist

It's nice to see some of the names I've only heard about showing up out of the blue. I know we've never met, Sir James, but I definitely know your work. "Proving Ground" is on our one of our three track lists, and believe me, that baby gets a workout because it's just a dang nice track to race on.

As for tracks and what's hot, yeah the Track Talk section will definitely fill you in, but to run down a few names...

[*] Any conversion by some guy name Malibu350
[*] "Crabtree Lake"
[*] "Preacher's Mines"
[*] "Trouble 2"
[*] "The Long Jump" for a present-day retro kind of thing
[*] "The Grade"
[*] "Paris To Dakar"
[*] "SLO Park"
[*] "So Sorry"
[*] "Bolton-Hill" (soon to be released)
[*] "The Sandbox"

That's just a few. Finne has some nice ones out there - new releases. Yep, he's back, too. World has a nice new one coming out as well.

Well SJ, hopefully we'll get to run a few one day. Stop into the Zone some time. The Zoners who've been around a while or those who simply love tracks and know a little MTM 2 history will definitely recognize your name. Heck, you'll probably be asked to sign a couple of autographs! Hehehe take care, and it's good to see ya back!!

[This message has been edited by SLO_COPE (edited 23-07-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:46 am 
Glow Ball

Howdy, SJ. Lookin' forward to what you come up with next. And make sure you put Sleeper to work on it too. Regarding tracks, have a look at my latest invention. Added about 300 since your last opus. Anyway, glad to see the castle hasn't fallen into the moat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:09 pm 

that 3d artwork is simply amazing, i love it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:52 am 

Ah great! Would kick *beep* if all the "oldies" would come back!!!

Now only if i could convince Badger to crank up a new track too Image

------------------
The humans think it is a poison of the blood that makes us what we are.
Fools, the blood only feeds the bodies we live in. To create a vampire,
one must steal a soul from the abyss to reanimate the corpse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:06 am 

Hey hey, good to see you again SirJames, and good to see your site again too.

> I'm gonna want to see how far track making has progressed so please tell me the names of some of the ground breaking tracks that have been put out lately.

I'm not sure about "ground breaking", but there have been many excellent productions, some perhaps even on par with the most awesome Popcorn. :-) as for tracks, COPE and Phin have nailed it.

One thing truly innovative in the truck department that you may have missed was the first eight wheeled truck in MTM2, <a href=http://www.4itnow.com/Dogges_boneyard/Trucks_Page1.htm>8x8 War Dogg Missle Conveyor</a> by <a href=http://www.4itnow.com/Dogges_boneyard/mainpage.htm>BigDOGGe</a>.