FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:00 pm

Post subject: Vales gone
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:20 pm 

Vales might be gone for good http://vales.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:43 pm 

ya i just read that a lil while ago*snif snuf* this isnt right, that was one of the only reasons i used my pc.

------------------
my life will never end unless i choos for it to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:05 pm 
WEEE!!!!! Maybe it will finally go away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:50 pm 

uhhhh, y is is this a good thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:16 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RaptorGZ:
WEEE!!!!! Maybe it will finally go away!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand your happiness.

It was free, it had all and it was fun.

Why would anywone want that to be gone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:57 am 
Maybe RaptorGZ did it. Hmm...

I never will understand the psychology of a disruptive hacker/flooder etc. What does he get out of it? Must be a real lonely individual looking for any way to get attention. How can he feel satisfied with attention if he remains anonymous? It's his ACTIONS that get all the attention, not him. It confuses me. I pity his sad, sad life. I pity HIM. (Is that what you want to hear, Mr. Hacker? That's the way you make people feel.)

Anyone know how to get in touch with KC? I'd like to offer my thanks and well-wishes if we can't talk him into trying again. I'd help any way I am able.

(See Mr. Hacker? Wouldn't the attention you crave be a lot sweeter if it was directed to you for your contributions instead of against your childish "pranks"?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:06 am 

Lastnight we could get on the Evo2 site, but seems like its closed up too Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:42 am 

the hole vales has been hacked the evo1 and 2 and mtm2 this really sux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:36 am 

Doesn't bother me... I think he got what he deserved, as he is a rather nasty person. When he banned me for doing nothing at all, he said "And you BFT, I'm so sick of you. I could puke if it were worth the effort" That's kinda degrading, don't you think? Then, as i found out through 2 of the mods that are staff members of MW-Gaming with me, KC posted a story about it in the sysop forum, and CHANGED THE STORY so he could brag about it.

Edited (04-11-2002) by BearFootTeam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:39 am 

hi its me mtm2dude. just checking in. will this be the forum where everyone talks now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:54 am 

>> will this be the forum where everyone talks now?

Probably... either this or the reborn main, accessible via a variety of address including http://mtmbbs.cjb.net, http://mtm2.com/bbs and http://mtm2.com/~bbs

There'd be other sites too, such as MW-Gaming... though I haven't been around there myself.

------------------
Do not listen to anything this man says. They are insane and illogical thoughts propagated by us - the voices in his head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:42 am 
Glow Ball

Drive2Survive is correct. I'd rather that general chat take place on that forum. This forum is for serious mtm building. There has never been a 'tailgate' area here. I'd really like to keep it this way... tho there will never be hard and fast rules one way or the other. Please let common sense be your guide. Thanks.

Regarding other news, I'll try to keep everybody updated just as soon as I know anything else myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:20 pm 
At least you had this forum here for all of us to contact each other....I was suprised to find the EVO2 area shut down today.....I guess KC is done this time.....

A shame...I'm going to miss that huge upload database....

I'll pop in here from time to time to keep in touch....

...funny...it feels like we just went through a major natural disaster, and all the survivors are congregating here tio see who's "still alive".....is this...sanctuary? ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:29 pm 

RaptorGZ says: "WEEE!!!!! Maybe it will finally go away!"

What does it matter to you if it stays or goes? If you didn't like the site or it's owner you could stay away from it and remain happy indefinately. Why would you cheer an act of vanadalism that has robbed joy from a soul and ruined a resource used and very much appreciated by many? Are you really so mean spirited and hateful toward the MTM community at large?

BearFootTeam says: "Doesn't bother me... I think he got what he deserved, as he is a rather nasty person."

He deserved to have his property vandalized and destroyed? His hard worked trashed? His joy stolen? Did the many, many users deserve to have their collected works wiped off the face the of net? It takes the rare "nasty person" to spend the amount of resources he has to create a site open to all, offering free hosting services the likes of which are hardly to be matched anywhere, for years on end. So you don't like him, so be it, but to call a wicked attack on the domain "deserved" is hard to believe - hate mail might be "deserved", but outright anonymous destruction of anothers work is vile and cowardly, even terrorists will claim responsibilty for their destructive acts.

Cheers to Clawfford and OOPs, and Greetings to the rest of ya. ;-)

As for "really general chat", there are some EZ boards still afloat....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:52 pm 

Thanks to the guys that did this now the MTM community has even smaller chances of getting back up. There are even now newbies in the part of creating tracks/trucks and who knows some of them just might have had the talent for it but needed proper direction and a place that every MTM2 player knew about it where to upload their work (for free also). Now this chances are ruined and the discover of new talent is even more scarce then it already is.

------------------
"But the music is not too outstanding as the sound effects (Like the footsteps mario makes when walking on brick)" - review Super Mario Sunshine by KronoKross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:50 pm 
Trackologist

A lot of well-made points here. Kinda sad to see such a high level of responsiveness on a negative issue. It would be great if ppl (in general) were as attentive & supportive to other subject matters, ones relative to the game perhaps. Ones that don't involve acts of vandalism and senseless destruction.

I too am for maintaining this place for those who are serious about the game and using other forums for non-pertinent chit-chat. By all means don't take that as a negative comment. I'm merely stating my take on the situation. There's nothing wrong with random, non-pertinent commentary in and of itself; I'd just rather not see it clutter up MTMG. This place has never been about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:59 pm 
Glow Ball

Fila, don't be discouraged. There's more to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:38 am 

I ain't discouraged. It's just that it's a pitty you know.

Heck i would prolly do tracks even if the only guys still playing were SLO, Phinny (just testing tracks and giving advice), Mal, Winterkill (same as Phineus) etc.

------------------
"But the music is not too outstanding as the sound effects (Like the footsteps mario makes when walking on brick)" - review Super Mario Sunshine by KronoKross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:30 am 
easy company

Thanks Wint, nicely said, same too OOPs, Clawford, Cope,... etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:31 am 

"There'd be other sites too, such as MW-Gaming..."

I'de been talking to Matt about that for a while, but I don't think he wanted to...