MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:49 am

Post subject: driving control prob
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:00 am 
heya guys and girls,

I have a little prob controlling my truck when playing with manual gears. The truck keeps on going full throttle, until i tap the brakes that is.
When in neutral and i push the throttle untill the engine reaches 3000 rpm's and i then release the throttle, it stays on 3000 rpm until i hit the brakes. When i hit them, he falls back to normal rpm's. When i don't hit the brakes, and push the throttle again, he goes higher upto 5000 rpm's, and stays there.
When in gear, i just have to touch the throttle and the truck keeps on going faster and faster untill 8000 rpm's. He's stops going faster and faster when i just touch the brakes.
This prob makes it very difficult to drive in fast corners. If you don't need the brakes, you don't touch them, but sometimes you have to release the throttle for a sec, but then the truck keeps on going.
I've tried this game with keyboard, gamepad, joystick and steering wheel. always same prob.
I've installed it on 4 different pc's, one with windows XP, one with windows 2000, one with 98 and my brother's who also tries to solve this prob. on every pc, the same prob.
I live in Belgium, so i have an azerty keyboard, so i reinstalled the driver to an american (qwerty) keyboard, but still the same problem.
I've also checked and unchecked every choise possible in the game, nothing helps.
I've asked this question on several forums already, noone has ever heard of this prob.

i'm glad to have found a mtm2 forum, cause if you guys don't find it, there probably won't be a solution.

P.S. it's not a problem with my cd or something because it's the same with the trial version.

hope you guys can help me out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:26 am 
easy company

Far as I know we are stuck with this "cruise control" or "sticky throttle" , there's just no way around it it's hard coded in the game... but you get used to it, least I did :o)

to coast, just tap the brake quickly (as opposed to letting off the gas)

to slow down approching a corner you can also downshift instead of braking.

welcome to the mtm forum, hope that helped a little...

<font size=1>Edited by Malibu350 (16-11-2002)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:45 am 
Glow Ball

I had this in evo but never mtm. Then again, I usually use auto tranny. Does it happen with all controllers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:36 am 
easy company

lol.. it's always been that way for me in mtm and the opposite in evo.

I've never owned a controler of any kind, just a keyboard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:57 am 
Thnx for the quick reply malibu. I'm already getting used to it, but it's not easy.
I've been looking everywhere for over a month, because i thought i was the only one with this problem.
Now i know that i'm not alone, i can fully concentrate on my driving instead of trying to solve this prob . ;-)