MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 am

Post subject: The Big Track List
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:18 pm 
easy company

I made this list up a while ago to save myself some time searching through all my cd's & hd to find a track when someone makes a request.

The Big Track List

The list has every custom race track (and a handfull of rumbles) released to the public from mtm2's debute up to december of 2001, I'll update the list to include this years tracks sometime this january.

the page is in text form so it can easily be printed out, just be sure you have 27 blank pages in the feed tray Image

I'll post a link to the page at T-N-T as well in a day or two under archives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:08 pm 
Glow Ball

Wow! You sorted all those? What did you use for sources, and are you interested in the list I have so far for this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:12 pm 
easy company

...You sorted all those?>>> the sorting was easy with Rich's text editor sort options... it was the copy/pasting that took a couple days.

...Sources>>> primarily burned pg/cd's of KC's old lists and some mtmg contest tracks... I know I have a small handfull of tracks on my hd that were never released, but I still need to weed those out.
I was also thinking of combining all the mtm1 tracks I have to it as well but everything is already posted online.

...interested in the list I have>>> lol, you better belive it, as a matter of fact I'm banking on it Image essentially the bulk of the list so far is yours already, I just put it all on one page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:42 pm 
Glow Ball

Mal, check your mail please. I sent the list along with a link of interest. No pressure but I think, wishful perhaps, there's a callabortion afoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:00 am 
easy company

Got it, I'll merge those in and sort through the duplicates come january.

if not for your CPA like record keeping much of what we see now would have been lost for good, thanks for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:16 am 
Trackologist

Whoa! Impressive...most impressive (my Darth impression lol). That's the first time I've seen that MTM 1 list (I think). I've never played MTM 1 actually, however I've played lots of tracks from MTM 1 that work in MTM 2. Hey Phin...do I have all of those tracks? LOL sounds like a crazy question, but you would know. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:52 am 
Glow Ball

>>...do I have all of those tracks?

Nope. That's a brand new page, made after I sent out the '01 disk (which I hope you've sent to your teammates by now). If you can get a hold of me on dec 9th, remind me again and I'll take care of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:43 am 

hey isn't anybody going to put my tracks on thier site or on the big list thier?

------------------
mtm2dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:56 am 
easy company

the list doesn't list any tracks from this year, not even my own... all 2002 tracks will be added after 1/1/03...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:30 am 
Trackologist

Thanks Phin, but I'll simply snatch em off the page Mal so graciously posted. Image As for Giz, yeah RF, I'm very much aware of that guy. Even won a tourney on his "Over & Under 2" track. Image Thanks for looking out for me tho, bud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:29 am 

Hey Mal,
Is there someplace i can get some of those tracks, i'm interested in some that i couldn't find on vales but knew they used to be there. Please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:17 am 
easy company

for the moment the only someplace is my hard drive,, I'll make any of them available for dl to anyone on a temporary basis... just let me know which ones and I'll post em here..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:19 am 
Glow Ball

Mr. Malihumble350, lol.

I'm pleased to say there are over 300 tracks on the mtmg page that are not on kc's and many that are nowhere else to be found. Have a look; I'm sure you'll find some there. And like Mal says, he does requests ;-) And if all goes well, the plan is to make even more available in the coming weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:28 pm 
easy company

Quote:
Mr. Malihumble350, lol.

sometimes life deals ya big bowl of humbles, so what else can ya do....

:o)

[edit] curse words lol

<font size=1>Edited by Malibu350 (09-11-2002)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:25 am 
Glow Ball

Okay! Here's page one.

http://rhinoseros.com/~tracks/tracks1998.html

... and no broken links - at least that's what the w3c link validator told me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:20 am 

So thats what the whole mystery was. A way to supply people with almost every published addon track. Well I guess i'll have to wait until the 1999 list is posted. Great job. Btw is there going to be sort options on that site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:15 am 
Trackologist

Oooooooooooooo look at all the pretty tracks!!! Oh hey, that "no broken links" crack wasn't for my benefit, was it, Phin? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:20 am 
Glow Ball

Kdawg, the only mystery, really, was whether or not we could make it happen. You know, don't count chickens till they're hatched. Too many things can go amiss. I don't like talking big then delivering small, but but but I had to say something... Image I'm entitled to that, eh, since the effort was there. For the rest, this site will eventually be moving over to the new address - which will be accessible through a few domain names - including the forum......

The next page will prolly be 99 and 2000 together. I have to rework them better than I've got them now and they both have to be done at the same time. I think.

Sorts? Maybe. In time. First, the task will be to get things online and working correctly. Then move the mtmg list. Then, maybe work the, uh, classic pages into a database where sorting and searching is possible. In short, it'll be a while for this since I also have to update the mtmg and I want to redo the error pages - i've never liked them, ever - and I have server maintenance to contend with now. And, yea, I have no idea about a next track. Hold. This is sounding like a grocery list so I'll stop here.

>> that "no broken links" crack wasn't for my benefit, was it

You got broken links, Copey? Naw, don't think so, but that hatching thing rings a bell for some reason, lolololol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:58 am 
Glow Ball

Okay! Here's page two (thousand)

http://rhinoseros.com/~tracks/tracks2000.html

... and no broken links ...