MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm

Post subject: Caveman's MTM1 Reviews
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:48 am 
easy company

I know that Caveman did over 200 mtm1 track reviews but I'm only able to gather up the 61 listed below, I've posted all the reviews at the mtm2.com track page mtm1 section.

12 minutes Hard Enduro
12thMan
Agression
An Eighty Eight
Appalacian Agony
Arctica
Basic Instinct
Boss's Misty Mountain Hop
Boss's Surf City Interchange
City Mayhem 2 'n1
Cliff Hanger!
Crazy Eighty
Crazy In Iraq
Curley's Supercircuit
Darkness Falls
Death Valley
Devils Back
Devil's Peak
Dirty Deeds
Double Trouble
Down and Dirty
Dry Falls
Dust Devil
Excalibur
Fig Island
Frostbyte
Giz's Gulch
Indycar Raceway
Jackel's Country Chaos
JackInDaBox's TrkPk 2
Jump
Las Vegas Supercross
MJ Fan Islands
MMG Team Track
Monsta Boat Madness
Monster Track
Mount Madison
Mountain Mama
Muddier Pies
Mystic Land
Niagara barrel run
North Pole!
Obsession
Paradise Island
Ragged
Right of Way
RIP_it_UPs
Rock'n'Rollin
Rooske Ridge Road
Ross1
Runt's Sand Track
Sandman
Sin City
Slam Fest
Super Sin City
Supercross
The Pit
The Shine
TMK Team Track
Tornado
Volcano.
Wicked's 4X4 Day
Zachy's Tracky

the following mtm1 tracks are missing from the mtm2.com list, that I have reviews for...

Crazy Eights by Alpine (probably a typo)
Middle of Nowhere by MusicFreak
=======================

I was also able to identify 39 previousy "Unknown" track author names listed at mtm2.com from Cavemans excellent records.

========================
I love digging through the old archives but that's it, that's all I have.

a little trivia... the first ever custom mtm track was released on February 29th 1997, unless that was not a leap year lol then it was on March 1st... so what track was it? I don't know so don't ask me I'm asking you :o), Caveman didn't say. :o)

[edit] "Jump" off the mia list
[edit2]yep, Crazy Eighty was the correct name

<font size=1>Edited by Malibu350 (19-12-2002)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:21 am 
Glow Ball

> Crazy Eights by Alpine (probably a typo)
> Jump by Monsta Driva
> Middle of Nowhere by MusicFreak

I have Jump on the mtmg page. There's a Crazyst8.zip in the orph directory. Haven't run it to check yet tho.

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/orphans/ <font size=+1 face=Wingdings>ü</font>

I don't have a line on music freak's track but we have a few sources. As well, Street might be able to help out here (lol, if woody doesn't beat him to it).

Good score on the unknowns too.

First ever track? Don't trust those dates, I made them up, lololol. No I didn't but don't count on accuracy anyway. I hope you have a different other way to tell.

note to self, we'll have to check to make sure the tri addons are in the list too.

Lastly, the direct link to the mtm1 page can be written like this:

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?year=mtm1

Good job all around Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:18 pm 

I would probably have most of these tracks if they turn out not to be on phins orphan page, just let me know what you are missing.

Those unknown authors are in part my fault. Near then last when KC was still hosting MTM1 tracks he lost almost every track for some reason. I took it upon myself to reupload every track I had, but I had not kept the orginal zip files so any readmes were long gone. I was able to figure out alot of them by the name and/or the splash screen and some I just remembered who made them, but there were still alot that I had no idea so I just had to upload them with author unknown.

The first MTM1 track that I am aware of was Andies mountains, but it might of been grandcanyon. They were released at about the same time.

PS I do have a crazy eighty that is credited to Alpine

<font size=1>Edited by Woody (09-12-2002)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:24 pm 
Glow Ball

First, I can't let our hunt for updates obscure acknowledgement for Mal's work. He salvaged over one hundred and sixty (classic) reviews, sorted and sifted through them, and then posted them to the download pages. When this guy gets rolling, there's no stopping him. Great job!

Second, woody's archive. LOL, you two make me look like an amateur.

>>I took it upon myself to reupload every track I had

And we're glad you did. Unfortunately, the files I phinagled were not accompanied by an accurate inventory list and so we have something like <strike>190</strike> 130 unidentified zips. I also have the Jet team list here, from a couple years back, but haven't had time to check what's what. In time, I'm sure we can get to it all. (btw a crazy eighty is listed on the download page)

>> The first MTM1 track that I am aware of was Andies mountains, but it might of been grandcanyon.

That rings a bell.

Lastly, a big thanks to you both. Our new site is starting to shape up nicely.

<font size=1>Edited by Phineus (11-12-2002)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:07 am 
easy company

thanks for all the help Woody and Phin... I'll do some checking at the zip orphanage to see what I can find, in the meantime here's the last two Caveman reviews, they may help jog the memory banks or help identify the tracks.

==================================================
....Crazy Eights by Alpine

[edit] this track was identified as Crazy Eighty

===================================================
....Middle of Nowhere by MusicFreak
This is the first track by MusicFreak and for a first track its a pretty good effot. Aimed at the Stunt fans out there this track dishes out some big jumps in narrow canyons, over petrol trucks and just about everywhere else. The altitude use was pretty cool and combined with the scarce prop and not-to-good texture use there is a cool feeling of being in the "Middle of Nowhere". One of the biggest problems is that the Music caused by MTM to crash and thw track only worked with no music, plus the computer trucks in rookie head anywhere.The layout is pretty cool with some cross overs and "connected" sections and is aimed more at the solo jump session rather than a multiplayer bash. A good first effot which stunt fans might appreciate.

========================================
belows the last list (that I'm aware of) of CM's track DL's (3/29/98), ...these may possibly be of some help to identify other mtm1 track authors.
http://rhinoseros.com/~malibu350/tracks/CMlist.txt

<font size=1>Edited by Malibu350 (19-12-2002)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:23 pm 

I have been looking for these two tracks and I am pretty sure that Crazy Eights by Alpine should actually be Crazy Eighty. I ran the track it it does fit the description from the review and in the pod the EIGHTY.TXT says this:

Crazy Eighty. Hmmm. Our first attempt at track editing.
Designed by...

ALPINE & MMIRANDA
©1997 GROUND ZERO
GroundZero_13@hotmail.com

so that fits the first solo alpine description also.

Still looking for middle of Nowhere, I am sure I had it at one time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:12 pm 
Trackologist

Incredible stuff, it really is. I haven't had a chance to really dig into all these old reviews, but I have sampled a few. It's great to see how it was done way back when. Too bad that kind of spirit no longer exist in this game (not nearly as widespread, I mean), but for those who were apart of it, I imagine it was great fun. For now all I can say is you guys did one heck of a job!

------------------
COPE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:00 am 

wel those caveman track reviews are cool. but one thing i liked about them is that when i went to read a review on the tracks page here i got acsess to the rhino.com site(s). yahoo! now ya'll can rhino me up! and i remember driving on that eighty eight ttrack there. it was awsome!

------------------
mtm2dude

<font size=1>Edited by mtm2dude (23-01-2003)</font>