MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:09 am

Post subject: Server Maintenance
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:13 pm 
Glow Ball

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>please be advised that we are performing upgrades to our data center in an ongoing effort to increase our quality of service. Over the next three (3) evenings, out technical staff will be performing upgrades to the power system which feeds a small number of our server racks. While every possible effort will be made to avoid any interruption to your service, there is a possibility that your web site or server could experience a minimal outage.
<div align="right">- a message from the server host</div><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the time rhino has been online (since nov '02), I rebooted the server once, I accidentally killed it once <font size=+1 face=Wingdings>K</font>, and tonight marks the third occasion. Not bad for a couple amateurs, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:08 pm 

So I guess this explains why I can't log in to upload anything.

Just my luck, of all the days in the year, I had to pick tonight to unveil my redesigned website... go figure eh? Oh well, it'll wait Image

Gotta say, that is an impressive track record though. I know more than a few professionals who could stand to learn something here Image

------------------
Please use the brake provided and not the vehicle in front of you.
- V8 Challenge online racing guidelines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:20 am 
Glow Ball

Don't it figure, is right. Apparently, the backbone servers, whatever they are, are out now too. There is one mighty big traffic jam in this neighborhood. To top that off, my isp is messing up too <font size=+1 face=Wingdings>K</font> Supposedly, everything will be cleared up within the next couple hours... if you can believe that. Rumor has it that this latest development is a result of that virus <font size=+1 face=Wingdings>N</font> thingie that was around a few days ago. It all hit at the same time <font size=+1 face=Wingdings>M</font>