Should Ground Zero be resurected?
Absolutely not 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not until after MTM2.1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Give it a try, if it fails, start MTM2.1 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Launch GZ & MTM2.1 if we're feeling up to it! 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Of course! We've been waiting for ages! 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Yes, and lets all make sure it succeeds! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: New poll for the community.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:30 am 

I'm sorry to say, but I have a bit of bad news. I've had a group of individuals who are offering lots of webspace/graphic help tell me that they won't stay or join GroundZero if a certain other individual is allowed to join. I know some people have enemies, but he is not one of mine, and he has also offered webspace, graphics, he's already started back to work on editing trucks... he's very ambitious, and isn't just talking the talk - he's getting stuff done.

Well, I'm not gonna sell out and backstab him because he isn't popular with these others. But I don't want to start Ground Zero if all that's left is a bunch of childish troublemakers who have nothing better to do but play power struggles and try to stick me in the middle of it. I have tons of other neat little graphic stuff I could be doing, but I'd rather use what I have learned to make this community a hot spot again.

I know I can do it, because I've put GZ together the 1st time when all we did was edit tr?cks. I think I can do it again, and draw major attention by helping others draw attention to their websites, teaching them to learn how to do it too. All it would take is a start, a few ambitious members, and maybe a week of promotion and it''ll be just like CNR days... Anyone remember that?? 1 week is all it took: a day of planning rules, a couple days of testing the fun factor, and by the end of the week, we had more people playing that than anything else.

Well, in the event that Ground Zero proves too political for the present community, there's still the MTM2.1 project. That may draw a crowd which could later become the Ground Zero resurection team... Either way, there's a lot we could be doing - fun stuff, stuff that would bring back the masters. The only thing that's killing MTM is the lack of communication. Ground Zero was awesome for that... my ICQ list was like a phone ringing off the hook. Everyone was hyped to see what the other editors were doing, and so willing to stay in touch to show off their own creations.

anyway, I thought I'd get some feedback so I'm gonna have to ask...