MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

Post subject: sad news ... A MUST READ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:47 am 

GuitarBill commited suicide in mid december.

I was just informed by, Dave, a mutual friend and co-producer of Bill's latest online creation"SPACEPODS" (wwww.spacepodgame.com for those who never saw it)

Bills family contacted Dave just today. I have no details other than he was deeply depressed and has sadly decided to remove himself from the race permanently.

Bill was a longtime friend . He helped make MTM2 what it was with his TRAX program, as well as all his own tracks he made. The world just lost a good man.

Maybe we could try a fri night race event with Bill's tracks as a tribute.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:40 am 

:shock: Oh man, this is terrible, I'm just speechless. He has done so much for our community. Absolutely shocking news, Bill acheived incredible things in the world of MTM2 and, although I never talked to him myself, must have been a great guy to be with. My sincerest condolences to his family. :(

Thanky you for letting us now JM, although it's not the kind of news I wanted or expected...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:55 am 
Glow Ball

Oh my goodness. It wasn't that long ago I was talking with him. I am really sorry to hear...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:51 am 

Oh no! That is terrible news indeed! :(

I'm not sure what to say... I've never spoken to him, but I had heard of him. He was the creator of Traxx, a program I have used so much by creating my own tracks. This man has given all racers and trackmakers so much in our community; thanks to him we have been able to spend hours on creating new tracks. He gave us so much by creating that program!

How very sad to hear that he got so depressed that the desire to live had left him... My sympathies go to his family and friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:20 am 

My sympathy and condolences to Bill's family.. GuitarBill is the reason so many people stayed with MTM so long - He's the founding father and the reason this community exists. He will be sadly missed. I'm honored to have known him.. he was a true genius. :? It's a sad day indeed.

RPM_Spreker
spreker@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:23 am 
The Dog House

UNREAL. :!:

Post subject: Alpine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:41 am 

OMG I never thought I could feel so horrible. I remember the exact moment he came to the community. It was during the beta test sessions of MTM2, and he found his way to the old BBS and was reporting news that he intended to create a windows based track editor. He had questions and I was quick to get ahold of him to give him any information he needed, for which he was kind enough to give me a traxx password for free. I had been in touch with him quite often with technical questions, which in fact our last conversation was to help me with details as to how to make a disc auto-run an installation. I had asked a few other people but he was the one who came through with the answer I needed.

I think of all people, his participation in our community was appreciated so much more than we could have expressed. I hope that his spirit can watch over the reaction from those of us who will miss him so dearly, and to know that we hope that he finds the peace he so deeply deserves. His contribution shall remain known by us as one of, if not 'THE' greatest contribution of all.

I propose we dream up a way we can honor him for all he has done for us... perhaps a collaboration of efforts for a farewell tr?ck package to include his works... When I proposed to him the idea of adding lights to some of his tracks, he was ok with it. The next Madness Project was to be a track package including works from GB, YM and ZooN. However, if this doesnt seem honorable to you guys for any reason, I understand and will abide by your wishes.

In closing, I express to you this is one of the saddest days ever for me... losing someone I admired and looked up to. Many of us zoners are really shaken up over this. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:52 am 
easy company

Truly a sad sad day in mtm2.... I feel as though i've just lost a brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:09 am 
Gone Walkabout

Most tragic news....

Many will be hurt by the loss of this man. He will forever be in the hearts of those that knew him.

My sincere condolences go out to his family.

+ShadowPrincess0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:15 am 

Rest in peace, Bill :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:22 am 

I remember GB as a fine racer, always with a smile and courteous, ever the gentleman. I once greeted him with a typo - Bi;;, and it stuck - thereafter I always greeted him as such. Not much of a story, but its funny what silly things one remembers. I am deeply saddened and my heart goes out to his family and loved ones.
-doob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:03 pm 

Very sad news.
I only knew Bill cause of TRAXX, and by others talking about him. He sounded like a real cool guy.

Sad News...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:13 pm 
Well I think it is a bad thing to lose such a good member of our community, at such a bad time of year - but many people have been known to take their lives at such a time of that season.

But we will always remember Bill for his talent in the creations he has put forth for all of us to use and enjoy,
Remember all if it wasn't for Bill no one would have been making tracks/trucks until sometime in the mtm2 future as when his application TRAXX was released..

We will always be thinking of you Bill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:26 pm 

My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones....A very tragic end to a long-time mtmer....

Post subject: What a Shock!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:48 pm 
I came home from work tonigh to this horrific news.. MTM has lost a great guy..

I feel .. I dont know what I feel, but, it is like all energy has left at the loss of an old friend..

*sigh*

Condolences to the family..

+Dak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:37 pm 

Rest In Peace GuitarBill :(

Post subject: GB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:51 am 
Very sad news, he was a great man, editer, and racer, R.I.P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:04 am 

I am so sad to hear this news. I had raced with Bill a lot in the zone, I just don't know what to say.

A tribute to Bill is definitely called for. I just need a little time to think, I feel so terrible right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:46 pm 
Glow Ball

Regarding a tribute, please check the bottom of this week's tourney page.

http://www.shadowprincess.com/tourneys/mtm2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:00 pm 

Shocked and saddened to hear. My condolences to all :(

The longest two sentences I ever wrote...