MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:18 pm

Post subject: stupid question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:49 pm 

i know it may sound stupid but i keep downloading tracks and trucks but they don't work. Is there some type of folder or some place special to put the files please tell me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:02 pm 

Welcome aboard!

You'll need to 'mount' the pods for them to work in the game. If I may I'll paste a reply I wrote not long ago (links included):

>> My question is, what program do I need to get all the trucks and tracks into the game?

None, or one of many. The "pod.ini" in your game folder is a text file that lists the pods mounted in your game, if they're not listed there they won't be available in the game. You can edit this list by hand or you can use any number of utilities to help you easily add your files to it. I'd recommend Cowpod.

Understand that there is a limit of 30 mounted pods after a fresh install of the game but once you apply the patch you can mount up to 99 pods. However, you should generally avoid mounting too many pods all in one shot so you can monitor problems or conflicts, and if you encounter errors remember this link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:07 pm 

all tracks and trucks that you download should be unzipped and the "pod"placed in the main mtm2 folder .

then you will need a podmounting program , i use podit . or you can open the "pod.ini" file and put the name of the pod(s) in the list , and changing number at the top to reflect the additional pod (s). i find podit to be much easier than the manual adding, but i swap out alot of pods. place podit in the main mtm folder and make a shortcut to it , on your desktop, for ease of use

you will need the patch to load more than 30 pods , the patch allows up to 99 pods and unlimited trucks if they are merged into a couple pods , you can still only have 99 pods in the list but 2 of them can be merged truck pods with 50 trucks each, whereas merged track pods still count each track towards the total of 99 pods