MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:41 am 

E J D wrote:
Is there going to be support for Direct3D? The game runs alright, no errors, but it's soooooooooo slow. It reads -1 FPS. :P

That's What I Got...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:02 pm 

60 FPS here :)

nVidia 6600 256 card AGP 8x is what I got

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:57 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

25 to 15 FPS with my Intel 82945G Chipset

Post subject: Direct3d version.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:19 am 

There is not a planned version of Direct3d for MFR as of yet. But don't think that it won't happen. I just don't have the time to learn a new graphics API. Most likely it is just your video card, MFR doesn't use any extensions or the likes. should run on a card that supports OpenGL 1.2 (Vanilla). I have come up with one idea/solution. I don't know Direct3d, and probably never will. Have worked with it slightly but not enough to write a graphics engine. That being said MFR will be brought to Direct3d if someone would like to help port it, or if Guitar Bills son could donate the Direct3d screensaver Bill wrote back in the day. I could probably write something based off that. If anyone can contact him or get me his email I would appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:49 am 
Diggerdude

Does anyone else have the problem with the truck taking FOREVER to center its steering?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:13 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Diggerdude wrote:
Does anyone else have the problem with the truck taking FOREVER to center its steering?

Everybody. [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:35 pm 
Diggerdude

ok just making sure. [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:22 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

You can fix that yourself. Go through the mfr folders and locate the file called Physics.xml in the Resources folder. Using Notepad (or a proper xml editor), find the line that says SteerSpeed (it's set to .011 at default, I believe). Change this value to something you like better, but nothing too drastic. .022 does the job for me.

Edit: i guess you can mess with the file all you want, just remember to make a backup copy or you'll have to reinstall the game if you screw up the file - I know, it's happened to me already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 am 

COMPATIBILITY LIST - MFR2b
June 26/08

I have been playing this game quite religiously. The physics are AMAZING!!!!

So I did a short compatibility list for those who want to try and add some more stuff into it to mess around. This list contains Drag Tracks only. The physics I feel are too challenging to play circuit races.

Also, it would be impossible to list every track and truck created for MTM2. I'll list what I found works.

Trucks: What Works
Garret Lockhart - Almost Everything (problems with V1 and V2 of Virginia Giant)

Slickester/Slick714 - Everything except all trucks included in his 5 part MONSTERS OF TNT Pack

Scott Bergman - Nothing

Cale - Every truck he's made except AlterEgo and GonePostal from his fictional MJ series

RepFan - Everything

Betrayal88 - Everything except SnakeBite

RMSTitanic - Every Bigfoot 2005 truck works....well. Physics on these trucks make the game shine.

Notes: Almost every truck ever made for MTM2 works. There are going to be texture errors, but that's understandable for a game in beta. None of Scotts creations work, as well as the very large FIBERTC pack that was made a very long time ago. Oh, and the MTM1 TRI pack that contained the 12 original trucks plus patriot don't work due to the old wheel textures. No version of SnakeBite from mtm2.com/~tracks works. So you're going to have to do without the Red Version of Snakebite that ran in Penda's prime. Everything from 1998-2008(ish) works, with the exception of Scott's work. Sorry Razorbear. Anything you've worked on or helped out with is not supported in MFR for some odd reason :(

Tracks: What Works

Rather than list individual authours, I will list all the tracks I have in my game that work. This is because every track has different invisible ramp settings and while one track may work fine, another one by the same authour will be unplayable. This is evident in Crazyman9's creations, as his New Years 2006 and Roadside Jam (released on the same day, January 1 06) both work differently. It is a process of experimentation.

Before the list, I will explain three groups of tracks, as well as models, that globally don't work.

Group 1 - Tnt 1986-1988 Tracks by Blizzard. With the car models that he used, they just don't work. His ground boxes, while giving insane skywheelies in MTM2, do not work at all in MFR. So for all you people that downloaded RepFan's entire library of Old School monsters from 86 to recreate the greatest moments of yonder with the new game....sorry.

Group 2 - MTM1 Tracks. The original "LifeSaver" coloured crushed cars are surrounded by an invisible force field. Drags don't work. The three official addon tracks by TRI don't load the terrain, the truck simply hovers in the air. You can drive around, and your truck will randomly hit something, but there's no terrain. Original circuits and rallys work to some extent. You can drive right through all the objects, but it is a challenge to drive some of these with the new physics...

Group 3 - Monster Jam World Finals. The game comes pre-loaded with WF7, which works perfectly. WF6 has no errors, WF5 crashes the game if you touch any object on the left side of the stadium, WF4's racing finish line cars don't work (you drive through them, but in FS everything works fine), and WF8's middle ramp is surrounded by a force field. Oh, and the double bus jump has an inescapable black hole if you land in the middle of it. Finals 2 & 3 don't work. Invisible force fields everywhere.

So now a list of all the drag tracks that I've found that work.
*opens pod file*

World Finals 4
World Finals 5
World Finals 6
World Finals 7
World Finals 8
Franklin County Speedway
Virginia Beach 2007
Lebanon Speedway 2006
Reliant Stadium 2003 (mt course is fine, game crashes if you hit Pro Arena Truck Jumps)
Montreal 2004
Thunder on the Beach Xii (some fs objects have force field)
Thunder on the Beach Xiii (some fs objects have force field)
USA Motorsports Arena 07
Stafford Summer Heat 2006 (06 or 07, not sure, it's the drag one)
2007 Free Country Arena
2007 Vancouver
2007 SPHRA Thunder Jam Vancouver (some fs objects have force field, racing is fine)
2006 Bristol Motor Speedway (Drag MT course is fine, everything else has a force field)
2007 St Paul Civic Center
MMWC @ I95 (fs has one or two ff problems, racing version is fine)
2006 Salinas (complicated to get out of pits; turn right and follow the stants, actual track is fine)
2007 Molson Ice Arena
2007 SPHRA Finals on the Beach (some fs ff problems)
2001 Minneapolis (Slick714/Slickster)
2002 DMN Complex (ProArena jump closest to crowd on fs is bugged, rest is fine)
2002 Minneapolis (DMN)
TNT Roanoke
TNT Industry (car ramp has a small problem, trucks can still get over it with power wheelie, which is almost unavoidable after the small roller)
TNT Astrodome 1989 (madmudnut version)
TNT Milwaukee 1989
TNT Virginia Raceway
TNT July 4th
2008 SPHRA Hawaii
2007 Orlando
2004 Salem Speedbow (racing is fine, can drive through the two main finish line car piles in fs)
Darlington PROMT
1998 Tacoma (The big mounds used for the MT course are surrounded by a force field, rest works fine)
2002 Reliant Astrodome (fixed version that is on mtm2.com made for a league that i cant remember the name of)
2005 MJ @ Silver Spring Speedway (problems with white van stack on end of track in fs, racing is fine)
PPRL Halloween Havoc 07 (some fs objects are a bit problematic)
XMas Mayhem 2006
Xmas Madness 2007
2004 RCA Dome
2003 Georgia Dome
2008 Englishtown
2005 (?) Knoxville Monster Jam
Speedway 07 (Jr Seasock)
2006 St Louis
2007 Barcelona Summer Heat (some fs objects have ff, racing on here is a friggin blast!)
2005 Texas Stadium
1998 Fright Night
2007(?) Hartford Arena
2004 Reliant Stadium
Sawyer Arena
2003 San Diego (dirt jump has ff, everything else is fine)
2008 Fort Wayne
2008 Truxpo
2006 Oberhausen
2006 Roadside Jam
2006 Free Country Arena
2007 Free Country Arena
2005 San Marco Arena
2002 Brampton Arena
1986 USHRA Small Arenas (DaveTheSmasher)
Vancouver 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 pm 

Wow! Great work, this hopefully will ease some pains of other MFR'ers. Thanks a lot! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:05 pm 

I have problems controlling the trucks well in mfr, since i use a laptop, i can't program the arrow keys and plus the default keys stay the same even if i change them. If someone can help i would apperictie it, and yes it's the most recent beta, and i'm also having problems with the trucks, certain trucks that work in mtm2 don't work in mfr, it says runtime error, and closes, only generic names, like superman and grave digger and max-d work. Ty if you can help me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:37 pm 

DeToX wrote:
I have problems controlling the trucks well in mfr, since i use a laptop, i can't program the arrow keys and plus the default keys stay the same even if i change them. If someone can help i would apperictie it, and yes it's the most recent beta, and i'm also having problems with the trucks, certain trucks that work in mtm2 don't work in mfr, it says runtime error, and closes, only generic names, like superman and grave digger and max-d work. Ty if you can help me out.

It's a known fact that you cant change the controls.

Also, check that compatibility guide above for a list of what has been confirmed to work with MFR. Not every single file works, although the next beta, whenever it gets released (a few days... maybe) will apparently support all MTM2 trucks. I know there are definately some trucks that do not work with MFR2b. Like I said, read the compatibility guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:48 pm 

Oggy wrote:
DeToX wrote:

It's a known fact that you cant change the controls.

Also, check that compatibility guide above for a list of what has been confirmed to work with MFR. Not every single file works, although the next beta, whenever it gets released (a few days... maybe) will apparently support all MTM2 trucks. I know there are definately some trucks that do not work with MFR2b. Like I said, read the compatibility guide.

Well the controls really need to be changed, cause they are horrid on a laptop, like esc to quit and the arrows to stear, like mtm2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:18 pm 

MFR is pretty cool. Physics are more realistic but it handles a little bit like a dirt bike in air. :D I love how it does powerwheelies on the ground though. Its a good start. I can't seem to add any trucks/tracks at all. It just says 'error loading truck/track'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:28 pm 

personally id prefer an option to the phsycis, kind of an Arcade mode and a Realisim mode, where Arcade mode is a bit more like MTM2, and realisim mode is more like how it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:20 pm 
Diggerdude

Oggy wrote:

Scott Bergman - Nothing

Scott's trucks work fine for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:25 pm 

SkeletonKing wrote:
Oggy wrote:

Scott Bergman - Nothing

Scott's trucks work fine for me

How?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:44 pm 
Diggerdude

... they just did

Post subject: New MFR Beta
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:52 am 

I have posted a new beta of MFR, more of a update actually. Redid some of the physics. I think they are quite a bit better then what they were. There is no launcher this time so to get it to run either use the old launcher or simply edit the config.XML file also you can play with the physics in that XML file. Have fun.

-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:18 am 

The last version made my computer crash after I closed out of it; is that fixed now? :? When it crashed it had a message saying that if I recently installed new software, it could have affected the driver, making it crash.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next