MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:44 pm 

Blink 182, among others, He drummed Crank that by Soulja Boy, and it actually sounded good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:46 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

wait, what happened to Travis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:46 pm 

Nothing happened to Travis, but Jimmy Sulliven died, A7X drummer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:35 pm 

Didn't make it to the new year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

I know who Travis Barker is and... really? who cares, very fast yes, good drummer, but is he Peter Criss, John Bonham, Eric Carr, Neil Peart, Pete Best?

No.

Thats to Slayer, hopefully everyone else has some common sense...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:19 pm 

Wow Rep Fan, so if we extrapolate your *dodo* atitude, then I can assume then this alternate scenario would work like this.

Slayer: My Brother died in Iraq on the 29th, Waaaaaaahhhhh :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rep Fan: who cares, very fast yes, good soldier, but is he Sgt. George Miok, Sgt. Kirk Taylor, Cpl. Zachery McCormack, Pte. Garrett Chidley, or someone else?

You're lucky I don't live near you rep fan or I'd break your arm all over again you insensitive *beep*!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

bring friends... snot nose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:54 pm 
Gone Walkabout

*Hands out the 'chill pills'.... *

Come on guys, lets play nice :)

Happy new year everyone.

http://www.mtm2online.com
Evo1
http://www.evo1online.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:31 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

I'm with Slayer in this one, it doesn't matter if some, I dunno, rapper or hip hop musician dies, but you're talking about The Rev here. [(-:]

Besides Barker is a punk rock musician, all those drummers you listed there are mostly hard rock musicians, its a different kind of music.

Anyway they're nothing compared to black/death metal drummers so..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:50 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

yeah, so we need 9 pages of people saying they like this kinda music?

Its crap, but Shadow Pricess is right, I'll back off, to each his own...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:58 pm 

What makes it crap? Seriously. I can bet 99% of people that posted in this thread think RAP is crap. But to that 1% they probably think its good stuff.

And since the purpose of a message board is to discuss things. Why can metal music not be the topic of a discussion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:00 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Slayer, go play in heavy traffic.

Like I said, ya guys like this, cool fine, do ya need to take up 9 pages to say so? To each his own, my band plays Slipknot, Psychosocial, I'm the drummer just like Joey, I get it. I can play it.

Slayer, take yer meds, I play that stuff, thats what the people yell at me to play, I dont know any of it, I could go get hammered on Red Bull, and prolly play it, but it really takes no talent, my 2 yr old nephew could play the drums on half that stuff, if I'd just hand him the sticks, I was just pointing out the drummer greats, that prolly half those bands dont even know.

Just tryin to educate the youth...

and Slayer, u ever threaten me again, to break my arm, I'll find where u live. we'll see who's arm gets broke. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:15 am 

To Phin: I'm not threatning Rep Fan here, just want to say something.

I know a lot of modern rock music is very simple to play nowadays. The guitar, bass, drums etc... on 60's, 70's and 80's rock music is much harder to play on what we hear on rock radio today, yes.
But, with the way the music industry is these days, commercial bands have to make their songs simple to make them appealing to the public. It's not Necessarily because the bands have little talent, even though some do seem that way.

Anyway, since you insist anybody can drum "Psychosocial", I'd like to see you cover this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnQuuDnkeJ8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 pm 

Roadknight wrote:
To Phin: I'm not threatning Rep Fan here, just want to say something.

I know a lot of modern rock music is very simple to play nowadays. The guitar, bass, drums etc... on 60's, 70's and 80's rock music is much harder to play on what we hear on rock radio today, yes.
But, with the way the music industry is these days, commercial bands have to make their songs simple to make them appealing to the public. It's not Necessarily because the bands have little talent, even though some do seem that way.

Anyway, since you insist anybody can drum "Psychosocial", I'd like to see you cover this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnQuuDnkeJ8

Its sadly true, the 80's were the best :). Just between the drug eras I guess.

And to rep fan.
At least this thread is still on topic.
Look at this one, 8 pages of nothing. This is common on that forum.
http://www.rakion.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=19398

And again, this is a message forum for people to post their opinions. if you don't want to read opinions DON'T CLICK THE LINK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:54 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

thats why I clicked it, so people to hear my opinoins, this is stupid. and yes, I know thier are plenty of guys that have mastered playing Psychosocial. it isnt that hard, I've done it, not a big deal.

Don't like doing it, but it is a cool song, wears me out... but try to follow Tommy Lee on anything, that guy is a badass, just saying you guys need to stop being a bunch of "nodding heads" and look a lil deeper, there's better music out there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:43 am 

Rep Fan wrote:
thats why I clicked it, so people to hear my opinoins, this is stupid. and yes, I know thier are plenty of guys that have mastered playing Psychosocial. it isnt that hard, I've done it, not a big deal.

Don't like doing it, but it is a cool song, wears me out... but try to follow Tommy Lee on anything, that guy is a badass, just saying you guys need to stop being a bunch of "nodding heads" and look a lil deeper, there's better music out there...

Yes, Tommy Lee is a fantastic drummer, but being in a glam band sort of hurt his image as a highly skilled musician.
That was the problem with the whole "hair band" scene; these guys could play, very skillfully, but dressing up the way they did, and posing on stage, they were just seen as a joke.
The thrash bands may not necessarily have been more talented, but for them, it was about the music, not the chicks :)
They were much more dedicated to their music, and didn't try to look pretty on stage, so people took them seriously.
I agree that overall the older bands are more talented than the new ones, and they certainly more "original". However, their are still new bands out there who aren't all ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! and just use down-tuned guitars all the way through their songs.
It has to be said though, it's pretty sad how nowadays drums just seem to be used to count the beat rather than play a real part in the music. You don't get drum solos in modern rock like you used to in Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue and Kiss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:06 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Rep Fan wrote:
there's better music out there...

Rep Fan, there's and old spanish proverb that is something like this: "There is nothing written about tastes".

And I completely agree with Roadknight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

"Glam Band" you're absolutely right... what was I thinking...

click that... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83OF0cmsmOg yeah, that guy has absolutley NO talent, no to mention the GOD of all that IS metal, comes out later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 am 

Rep Fan wrote:
"Glam Band" you're absolutely right... what was I thinking...

click that... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83OF0cmsmOg yeah, that guy has absolutley NO talent, no to mention the GOD of all that IS metal, comes out later...

Omg, I'm gonna go through this one more time, if you keep twisting what I say I'm giving up.

I'll start by saying I'm a diecore fan of 80's rock, especially the "hair bands", i know these guys wipe the floor with the artists of today when it comes to musical talent. All I said was their image made a lot of people think they were just talentless posers.
They are amazing at what they play and also sounded great live, unlike most "rock" bands today.
They also made us realise there is a fun side to metal, that it doesn't always have to be about death and torture.

Tommy Lee is one of the greatest drummers of all time, along with Eric Carr, A.J. Pero, Tico Torres and Tommy Aldridge, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:34 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

thank you...

nuff said.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next