MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5   
 Post subject: Re: Strange MTM2 file found on the net.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:05 pm 

It's been a while since the last reply, but right now I found another beta, to be exact version 2.00.29. I dont know when this was released, but I believe, by reading old BBS of MTM2 in wayback machine, that the version that was uploaded here is beta 2, and that this one is beta 3, my guest is that is from middle of March 98 to April 98. The game launch around May 10th 98.

This version has retail UI, retail credits, version number, all retail races images including the summit rumbles, but still dont have names here:
ImageImage Image

Now, the trucks:

Notice the wheels(or tires) of this version, also the beta axlebar still present

Bloody outsiders like in retail:

Retail tires...
Image Image Image Image

Grave digger retail model, also retail tires

Still not the final brake lights, also still using beta axle, no show the diferencial

Grave digger doesnt light red, even though the texture in front is red

Only the red siren lights

Lastly, I mount Texas A&M aka Aggie and works just fine in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:21 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Whoa, did I read new beta? Cool, nice finding monsterextremo! now.. time to share :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:23 pm 

Here it is the game:

Download

Sadly I didnt found the installer for the game to find more information, its what I found, also I uploaded here in their free trial without account, so this link will expired in 14 days, so if someone can tell Fila to upload it here, it would be better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

And where did you find this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:10 pm 

Well, let me start that I found a video while I was watching some MTM2 videos, from a russian guy who got the game and I noticed that the game had the MTM1 songs and the axles and that stuff, so I asked him if he had the cd or the main game, but he never reply, so I gave up. This was like 1 or 2 years old if I remember right.

By last week, I was looking in the wayback machine some drivers for my windows 98 project pc (its so hard to find windows 98 drivers for intel motherboards since they took em down) , and I wanted to download MTM2 cuz I didnt have my cd at the moment and came across this version and when I saw the screenshots, it was that version of the russian's video. That's the whole story

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:57 am 
mtm2 rocks!

monsterextremo wrote:
Well, let me start that I found a video while I was watching some MTM2 videos, from a russian guy who got the game and I noticed that the game had the MTM1 songs and the axles and that stuff, so I asked him if he had the cd or the main game, but he never reply, so I gave up. This was like 1 or 2 years old if I remember right.

By last week, I was looking in the wayback machine some drivers for my windows 98 project pc (its so hard to find windows 98 drivers for intel motherboards since they took em down) , and I wanted to download MTM2 cuz I didnt have my cd at the moment and came across this version and when I saw the screenshots, it was that version of the russian's video. That's the whole story

wow cool find! I would love to see more beta mtm1 and mtm2 tracks and trucks... [idea]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:07 am 

Downloaded. I will soon look into it and maybe add it to the site.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5