MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm 

Oh man, any way around this? can you do the track in 1,5 then revert to 1.4 for height?

Any idea if it will be fixed, or a timeline on a fix? It was very nice to have them do a new build to begin with, I'd hate to ask anything else.

I am wondering how difficult/time consuming it would be to fix and compile .

Are there any other workarounds, and does loading up a finished .sit in trackED2 mess anything up? Can I just use trackED to finish up the models, then make the pod?

I'm looking for any workaround at all, easier the better.

Thanks for all your kind comments, it's good to be back.

Last question, is this the most active place for finding fellow mtmer's?Doesn't look there are many people around these days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm 
Glow Ball

Don't let Slayer scare you off. If Malibu350 can make toys in the attic and spaceballs using traxx, then how bad can it be? Not only can you place models with the mouse, but you can use the keyboard for fine tuning. Check the help menu for the keyboard layout and play around a bit, I think you'll find it's better than tracked2.

The game is an old one. In the old days, it was one of the only games around; today it shares the stage with a great many others. And despite not being available for retail purchase, there were still over 200 tracks made the last three consecutive years. Not many people around? Maybe not like it once was, but still plenty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:24 am 

Glad to hear it's still active. I worked with Bill quite a bit with the design of traxx, but I have no idea what's been done since.

The model placement doesn't sound like anything I can't overcome.

I've been laying with track layout and textures should have a working beta soon ;)

ah...um..do lights work in the shadows? if the weather is set to daytime, do lights work at all?

I also remember a MTM2 error about lights., how many are safe for a track?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am 

Oh, did I say thanks again??

This site has been a HUGE help. I've been reading since I showed up the other day and there's still a lot more to see.

Thank you all for the help and the warm welcome I appreciate it.

--Sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:40 pm 

Slayer casts Fear 2 on Sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm 

/em shivers and runs away screaming, leaving behind the personal items he dropped when startled.

FWIW
I've got some terrain setup ad working on some cool new textures for the roads.

Question, by using 1 256x256 texture for several different models (mapped to different parts of the texture of course) do I end makign room for more?

I.E. all my road signs can use 1 256x256 texture with all the different pictures on them..instead of 1 64x64 or 256x256 for each model...does that make sense?

I am doing pretty much all custom so i want as much "room" as possible without creatingany undue lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:48 pm 

I guess if I am thinking right, I can save alot of texture memory, a lot of lag and a lot of room for more custom items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 pm 
Glow Ball

> do lights work in the shadows? if the weather is set to daytime, do lights work at all?

Lights work from dusk to darker (if I remember rightly)

> how many are safe for a track?

Did anybody figure this out? I think it's hard to pin down because the number of lights on a truck and the number of trucks are also a factor.

> I've been reading since I showed up the other day

There's still drive2survive's site, Malibu350's site, wint's site ... and that's just off the top.

re: road signs

Bottom two on this page http://cownap.com/~mtmg/models/Custom/csigns.html

The answer is more one of math. How many signs, how many textures over 16 @ 64x64, how many 256's will you need in total, etc.

re: lights

About 5th down on this page http://cownap.com/~mtmg/models/Custom/cmisc1.html the readme has particulars that never made it to a web page.