MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 am

Post subject: A question for about modding MTM2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm 

Is there anyway to modify the game so there is no auto throttle when you run manual transmission?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 pm 

Under options --> game there is a drop down menu

The options are None, auto Brake, auto Brake and Throttle. I've always used manual transmission, and mapped the throttle to a slider. In this config, the throttle stays exactly where i set it until I move it. In KB mode the throttle should return to zero when yo y let off a key Maybe try using auto brake. This will ensure that the throttle will drop as soon as you let off a button.

It seems to me when testing a track in manual/keyboard that when I let off the gas it just stayed right where it was and the truck continued to move.

What type of controller are you using, a keyboard, stick, or wheel?

There's some different options and things you can do depending on what input device you use.

On another note, where did you get your install of MTM2? I did not download the ISO (wish I would have), and I am noticing some small differences from when I used to play Just some minor things, like the throttle you mentioned and a few game bugs/glitches.

I am wondering if their are different versions floating about, and thinking if there are; that they these versions may be slightly different than the full retail disk install.

Can anyone confirm my different versions theory?

Hope that helps,
--Sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:30 pm 

I have an original disc and I am running a keyboard. It just being a draggers its annoying to have the throttle stay and not come back when you are running manual transmission.
Mapping to a slider? how would I go about doing that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 pm 

(sorry about the different name)
Without a joystick it's going to be tough. I would go to game/options/ and use the pull down to set auto brake If I were you.

I use a throttle slider on the joystick, it works very well. It took a little bit to learn, but my lap times got better by at least 25% I honestly can't think of racing without throttle now.

My time dropped from 1:19 to down in the 50 second range on crazy '98

I can see how running a drag you would need ultimate control. Teetering on ramps you need to be able to control the rig, I can't see be able to do that with a throttle that stays on.

The auto brake should work ok for you tho ;)