MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Post subject: You Tube
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:50 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

A friend just showed me something interesting, apparently, someone out there is posing as me, and posting nasty crap on youtube, under my name.

Whoever you are, I hope you're getting a good giggle, cuz my friend that told me about it, is "into computers" and he's out to find who you are, in fact he already knows what town you live in, and its just a matter of time before he locates your house, and address.

So for those of you that know who I'm talking about, there ya go, for those that dont, I'll explain... someone is using my name, which is stupid in itself, "ReplicaFan" which I shy'd people from using years ago, and shortened it to Rep Fan, cuz its just easier to say, but anyway, is using that name and posting nasty crap on youtube about certain vids.

This person must know me, and I know I must know him, or her, but we'll see soon. I havent seen the one video in question, cuz I still have Windows ME, so my browser cant even watch vids on youtube anymore, "It's not compatible..." I'm outa date. And my friend says it happened in the evening last Sunday, which I drag race, so I wasnt even in town, I was 2 hours away racing, so it couldnt have been me.

So anyway, to sum up, I can read the comments on youtube, and seriously, I dont care what you guys do, and all I can see on my end is a snapshot of the vid, all I see is a lil pic of my Virginia Giant, thats great, use em, thats why I made em.

So all the nasty comments, it wasn't THIS "Rep Fan". I'm looking into who it is that is the one trying to be me, and my buddy will smoke his HD for it. So if you guys wanna be P'O'd at someone, dont bring it here, I knew nothing about it till today, and I'm as P'O'd as you guys are about it. Hell... I dont even have an account there, and if I did, I surely wouldnt use that name.

So, be happy do what ya want, and enjoy, I just wanted to clear the air. I dont care who does what with my trucks anymore, it was a fun ride, if people still enjoy em, then so be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:14 pm 

probably just some idiot hacker who has nothing better to do man. anyways if your friends doing an ip trace he can only get the location of the server that the connection is coming from. after that your looking at about a 5 - 15 mile radius for dsl and about a 15-25 mile radius for cable subscribers. Only way to get someones exact address is to hack an account, hope they used a real name, and do a background search. Anyways man sry to hear it and hope to see you doing some tourneys soon. Would be nice to have more ppl running em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:33 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Someone is jerking with ya, and me, but I'm on it...

he'll have to buy a new pc when we find out who he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:11 pm 

Can't you just report the videos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Slayer wrote:
Can't you just report the videos?

that only works for the music industry companies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:41 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

reporting it, doesnt give me satisfaction, MY way does [:P]

I know who it is now, I wont give out any names, cuz no one uses thier real names on here anyway. I dont know who he was, never seen the name before. I tried to talk to him, before my buddy deleted his hard drive, and shut his computer down.

So, its been handled, sorry to all for the confusion, I may not like what everyone does, but who cares, not gonna lay awake at night over it...

He lives in Ashland, KY. so if ya know him, might pitch in a few bucks to him to get a new puter... and give him a hug...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:56 pm 

Rep Fan wrote:
reporting it, doesnt give me satisfaction, MY way does [:P]

I know who it is now, I wont give out any names, cuz no one uses thier real names on here anyway. I dont know who he was, never seen the name before. I tried to talk to him, before my buddy deleted his hard drive, and shut his computer down.

So, its been handled, sorry to all for the confusion, I may not like what everyone does, but who cares, not gonna lay awake at night over it...

He lives in Ashland, KY. so if ya know him, might pitch in a few bucks to him to get a new puter... and give him a hug...

Shew, glad it wasnt me. I wish i could blame a terrible youtube video on an imposter, but it was just me failing at life like usual. Consider yourself lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:44 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Lol, you live there?

My buddy reports, no action from his computer since, so he did his job, I'll have to send him a few beers.

If you live there, and yer pc still works, it wasnt you. I dunno what name he goes by, but we had the right house. I dont know him, but thats enuff outa him.

Yes, I know, its not the best way to handle it, but... it works for me.