MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

Post subject: New to the site- just saying "Hi"
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:19 pm 

Hello all! I played this game when it first came out for years- this was actually one of the first games I'd ever begin to mod [:P] As I grow older I find myself clinging on to my childhood memories and weather its buying a power rangers dragon zord off ebay because I never had a chance to own it as a kid or playing games from the 90's I always always enjoy coming back. For those who mod I just want to say thank you :) Your guys hard work makes so many people happy and I wish I could mod myself just to have my own work out there. Custom tracks and trucks kept me busy for months. And I never said thank you :)

Are you guys still pretty active in modding? I still see posts and even tracks and trucks being uploaded. What about the racing- do you all race together? Think I could get in on that action [(-:]

Well thats basiclly it- I hope we all get to hang out sometime. Let me know if you guys want to plan something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:24 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

We are very much active, there's never been a study done, but we gotta be one of the longest lasting game sites out there, aside from NFS and they have so many versions, who cares.

I personally came back after taking a 3 year hiatus, but have been here since the beginning, since MTM1 the orig game. Welcome aboard. We can always use another...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 pm 

Yep, Balto found us at www.mtm2.com/chat and rumbled Hypercube with us in the Sunday night rumble tourney.
He fit right in !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 am 

I keep having MTM2 problems- mostly just "Enter the MTM2 CD to play" I found that this only happens with some versions of the game. I don't know why but the 3 mirrors for the game on MTM2 Help doesn't seem to be working for me (ISO). Everytime I try to open it up an error comes up. -Says the files are corrupt. (Using RAR)

The Classic Gaming Network (CGN) copy works fine but the mtm2pat.exe doesn't seem to recognize the game- I'm going to try to install the CGN copy to the regular patch of the Microsoft MTM path and see if the patch will recognize it. The CD error pops up too but I can get around it.

Any suggestions where to get a good copy of the ISO?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:39 am 

It didn't work- I couldn't get the CGN copy to patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:09 pm 

The mirrors on MTM2 help are your best bet. If they are corrupting...
You can try my mirror, but its god awful slow.

http://www.trevorsarchives.selfip.net/d ... mtm2/game/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:34 pm 

lol thanks bud. I appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:38 pm 

I installed the ones from the website- I continually get the Need a CD error- even though its mounted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:19 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

>>I keep having MTM2 problems- mostly just "Enter the MTM2 CD to play"

That probably has nothing to do with your CD. It is probably a problem with your pod.ini file.

>>I found that this only happens with some versions of the game.

There are only 2 versions of the game, not counting the betas, the unpatched and the patched version.

>>I don't know why but the 3 mirrors for the game on MTM2 Help doesn't seem to be working for me (ISO). Everytime I try to open it up an error comes up. -Says the files are corrupt. (Using RAR)

That's weird. I never had any problem with those cd images, and I didn't know anyone who had.

>>The Classic Gaming Network (CGN) copy works fine but the mtm2pat.exe doesn't seem to recognize the game-

That's because ripped/warez versions of the game doesn't have the reg key MTM2 needs. That's why we recommend not to use warez copies of the game. Anyway, you can set the registry key with Cowpod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:01 pm 

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 pm 

Kmaster wrote:
>>I keep having MTM2 problems- mostly just "Enter the MTM2 CD to play"

That probably has nothing to do with your CD. It is probably a problem with your pod.ini file.

>>I found that this only happens with some versions of the game.

There are only 2 versions of the game, not counting the betas, the unpatched and the patched version.

>>I don't know why but the 3 mirrors for the game on MTM2 Help doesn't seem to be working for me (ISO). Everytime I try to open it up an error comes up. -Says the files are corrupt. (Using RAR)

That's weird. I never had any problem with those cd images, and I didn't know anyone who had.

>>The Classic Gaming Network (CGN) copy works fine but the mtm2pat.exe doesn't seem to recognize the game-

That's because ripped/warez versions of the game doesn't have the reg key MTM2 needs. That's why we recommend not to use warez copies of the game. Anyway, you can set the registry key with Cowpod

Oh yeah, I forgot cowpod can fix the registry.
Perhaps we should just provide a registry key tree for people to download and run when this happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:10 pm 

I didn't mean to upset anyone about the game~ I don't download warez/hacked up versions of the game- CGN can only host the game if its considered abandonware. If getting a legit copy of MTM is what I need to do then thats fine- I didn't know thats why I was having those issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Only1Balto wrote:
I didn't mean to upset anyone about the game~ I don't download warez/hacked up versions of the game- CGN can only host the game if its considered abandonware. If getting a legit copy of MTM is what I need to do then thats fine- I didn't know thats why I was having those issues.

I dont think anyone is upset, don't worry about that. But CGN version of MTM2 is a ripped version of the game, with no videos and no reg key. I didn't get a legit copy of the game until 2008 so..

use cowpod to set the reg key
http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/cowpod/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:38 am 

Hi [howdy]

I'm also new to this site. I had MTM2 lying on my HDD for ages and I loved it at the first sight. Discovered this site for about 2 months ago and now I had a load of tracks installed (Enocell's tracks are my favourite!).

I currently have MTM2 and 4x4 Evo 2 and would like to test my skills on both these games in the online world.

See you on the track! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:15 am 

It was nice gaming with you online yesterday at MTM2.

Cops 'n Robbers is the style we played Friday night.

4x4 Evo2 is pretty much dead of players except once per month when the NKA team gathers to do their race tournament. There aren't any players that regularly go into 4x4 Evo2 anymore.

However, 4x4 Evo is still very alive and active daily, and we run 2 tournaments per week in 4x4 Evo.

We can get you setup next time you are at the mtm2 chatroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:11 am 

OLD_Jammer wrote:
It was nice gaming with you online yesterday at MTM2.

Cops 'n Robbers is the style we played Friday night.

4x4 Evo2 is pretty much dead of players except once per month when the NKA team gathers to do their race tournament. There aren't any players that regularly go into 4x4 Evo2 anymore.

However, 4x4 Evo is still very alive and active daily, and we run 2 tournaments per week in 4x4 Evo.

We can get you setup next time you are at the mtm2 chatroom.

Yeah, the Cops 'n Robbers thing we played the other day is a nice idea.

Shame I can't get to the Race Tournament. It was Sunday 4am where I am (GMT +7) when the tourney started. :(

Anyway, I just downloaded Evo1 yesterday (remember me asking the truck/pod file :P). Maybe I will try this out online too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:19 pm 
Gone Walkabout

Sorry to be away from this forum a bit, work keeping me pretty busy. Welcome back to the game Balto :)
Resir good to see you around mtm2.com/chat :)

Balto ...... re your MTM2 problems from the mirrors.............Have you checked the MD5 sum. If that is not 'dead on' them you will get errors. If it is correct burn to a CD do not open with Win RAR. Then you should not have any problems. You can find how to use MD5 sum in the utility forum.

Happy Gaming guys :)

http://www.mtm2online.com
Evo1
http://www.evo1online.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:01 am 

w/b... always glad to see old players come back to the game :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 am 

Hey hi, yeah im new here too...am an old mtm2 player from back when the Microsoft Gaming Zone was still great...sigh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:03 am 

w/b Uber.

We meet online at : http://www.mtm2.com/chat

Most of the players arrive at tournament times, however, some still do stay logged in like the old days and you can get some games going.

Tourney Schedule can be found here : http://www.mtm2tournaments.com