MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:14 pm

Post subject: Is MTM2 dying?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 am 

I don't want to sound morbid, and I hope that it's just me... But it seems that the community for our game is taking a back seat.
Firstly there hasn't been much uploaded for download (especially track-wise) since the new year. Yes I know it's only mid-February, but even near the end of last year (Nov-Dec) there's been minimal activity. The forum has seemed quite asleep lately too, not much posted except for the odd provocative thread. 2008-mid 2010 I found the forum to be very active most of the time.
I can't speak for the online side of things because I don't play online, though it seems to me it's active on the multiplayer side of things.

Am I over-reacting or does our game seem to be losing members over the past few months?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:25 am 
Glow Ball

In 1998 there were people who said the game was already dead. More than a dozen years later we're still here. That said, this is a very old game by modern-day standards, so you can't expect the same amount of activity. If you're not happy with the production of tracks or trucks, then open up traxx and binedit and stir things up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:34 pm 

Here is my theory on why there has been low activity in the upload section.

A large majority of the tracks uploaded have been drag tracks. Alot of the guys from Draggers.net icluding my selve have left mtm2 for Rigs of Rod because of its Physics which allow use to run Monster Jam style events. A large portion of modelers from Draggers is now modeling for ROR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:18 pm 

Matt no offense, but some of the people over at the RoR forums (Not going to mention names) are straight up (insert clever choice words here). I tried making the jump and ended up catching hell and being banned from sim-monsters (not like i even cared in the first place to begin with.) after getting into it with RKM. Now matt just so you know i wasn't trying to take credit for your hard work that you did for RoR but you can't deny that we both did an excellent job (respective game wise) on that frame. You created that frame for RoR and i created it for mtm2 both were from scratch. Fact is alot more people are making the jump back to mtm2 as well as HEAT online, and evo and RoR will end up kicking the bucket faster then it can get off the ground especially since your community has an egotistical jerk like RKM on a power trip going on a banning spree on a daily basis just cause he's not people friendly. Now Matt im not trying to cut you down or anyone else in the RoR community but as it stands we still have alot of excellent modelers and track makers over here that will still keep putting stuff out for this game and quite frankly the bs aint worth the hassel for RoR so im just done with that dumb game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:57 am 

AN additional cause could be that from 2008 to now, video card drivers frequently have trouble with DirectX7 and older games. Making MTM2 unplayable.

Now, why we haven't built our own replacement yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:07 am 
Glow Ball

Hey, those are all valid points. I'd just like to add that evo has lasted way longer than anybody would have predicted, and the fact their tournaments are still in demand speaks volumes for the longevity of some games. It's really unfortunate that mtm2 doesn't have a built in drag mode but that never stopped people playing it anyway, and great stuff goes out to Meth for holding things together as long as he has, and continues to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:05 am 

MTM2 isn't dead by a long shot.

Maybe read the "RACING" section of the forum here, and the MTM2 Tournaments section of the Draggers forum.

http://www.mtm2tournaments.com

http://www.mtm2online.com/tourneys

http://www.mtm2online.com/rumbles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:59 pm 

We;ll have our own opinions on it, but what i saw from you concerning the chassis was completely different than you said. Yes RKM does take his anger and frustration out on some people some times, but that still doesnt mean you should argue back.

Last edited by kingkrunch on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:01 pm 

[quote="kingkrunch"][/quote]
Blank post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 pm 
easy company

Like Phineaes said, MTM death letters have been around for far too long. MTM will stand the test of time as a benchmark whether or not any of us have anything to say or do about it.

Shirley the greatest game ever to continue to be made.

If Winterkill, the undisputed king of procrastination can come up with something new, unexpected and unexplored on the 2011 page then so can I ... or I can at least try, somthin, dunno what yet, but gonna try. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 pm 

kingkrunch wrote:
We;ll have our own opinions on it, but what i saw from you concerning the chassis was completely different than you said. Yes RKM does take his anger and frustration out on some people some times, but that still doesnt mean you should argue back.

Um, I think you've got a wrong number... [(-:]

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 am 
Gone Walkabout

Ok thats it lol, I have to get time to get back and finish my track !

http://www.mtm2online.com
Evo1
http://www.evo1online.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:42 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Dead? you kidding me? Like Phin said, they issued us dead back in the 90's, and look around you, no factory support, no big name company support, and we're still cockroaches after a nuclear war...

still here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:43 am 

kingkrunch wrote:

Matt you know best of all that i don't try to take credit for any work other then my own as well as the fact that mtm2 - ror conversions are extremly common. Thats the whole entire point i was tryint to get across. But still forum mod or not, i'm only going to take so much before i snap off on some idiot that rides me like a carnival pony without even having the decency to give me a reach around, and RKM's been breathing down my neck since the day i signed up to sim-monsters. :D But whatever thats a whole nother forum that i'd rather not deal with....

Anyways i agree with repfan and say this...

I'M STILL HERE AND KICKIN'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 am 

I don't see MTM2 kicking the bucket anytime soon just as I don't see the RoR community having near the staying power that community here has. Over there it feels like you're walking on eggshells to not get banned if you're not part of the "click" and there's just an overall unfriendly vibe floating around the forums imho.. I know there are some decent guys over there but there's just as many bad apples too. That, and if you're not out for blood theres no room for you in online racing.... That's why after 8 or 9 years away from the game I always knew I could come back here. The guys here will bend over backwards to help you out instead of jumping down your throat when you make a mistake. It is an absolute pleasure to be a part of the MTM2 community. Kudos to you all! You're a great bunch of guys (and gals)! :) Long live MTM2!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:02 am 
MTM2 Engineer

After almost 13 were probably getting old and slow but... we're not dead yet

at least not after releasing my last track :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:28 am 

Kmaster wrote:
After almost 13 were probably getting old and slow but... we're not dead yet

at least not after releasing my last track :)

Not to mention i have a track in the works as well Kmaster. And prowlers right. BTW sorry i wasn't around last night but i was out of town since tuesday, and never got back home till 3:00 am Eastern this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:56 am 

It's about the community. The community at KC's was once enjoyable, the community on draggers was once enjoyable...but the MTMBBS and mtm2.com have ALWAYS been enjoyable. I'll be here til I have no internet. Phin, Mal, Cope, and others have made an impact on my life simply by the way things go here. Nope, not dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 pm 

The Draggers community didnt die....we just found a new home, and some got left behind. For the most part, most of the guys from draggers now race ROR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 pm 

Phineus wrote:
and great stuff goes out to Meth for holding things together as long as he has, and continues to do.

[thanx]

Still Here and so is MTM2Draggers.net