MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

Post subject: Re: MTM2 Render Distance Patch
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:48 am 

Fila wrote:
The only thing MTM2 doesn't do is the drags. I hope to eventually implement that in MTM2 but it will take a while as I haven't had time to look over the gamecode since early December.

I sure hope that happens at some point soon. Still baffles me as to why TRI decided to completely remove drag racing in the first place, my perfect guess would be that the mode itself hadn't really been popular at the time, despite the fact that it was the best and most realistic mode in the entire game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:51 pm 

SparkTB11 wrote:
Fila wrote:
The only thing MTM2 doesn't do is the drags. I hope to eventually implement that in MTM2 but it will take a while as I haven't had time to look over the gamecode since early December.

I sure hope that happens at some point soon. Still baffles me as to why TRI decided to completely remove drag racing in the first place, my perfect guess would be that the mode itself hadn't really been popular at the time, despite the fact that it was the best and most realistic mode in the entire game.

Also really glitchy. It's possible it was removed for time crunch because they couldn't clean the bugs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:43 am 

If by bugs do you mean at random instances during races at B.C Place & RCA Dome where the trucks would get caught on the second car stack and ultimately lose the race because of it, or even at J drags where the AI can't properly complete a full turn without colliding into each other and getting disqualified for doing so? Yeah their pretty annoying, though Indiana State Fairgrounds on the other hand pretty much works fine.

If time crunch were the ultimate reason the mode was pulled out of MTM2, I totally get it, but I reckon it would be a better idea if they took the time to fix it all up and bring it out later bundled with the official patch rather than just leaving it out completely.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:21 pm 

It wasn't due to time crunch. In their development notes they completely disregard the drags from the very beginning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Fila wrote:
It wasn't due to time crunch. In their development notes they completely disregard the drags from the very beginning.

where are those "development notes"? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am 

There's a text file that lays down the roadpath to developing MTM2 and the features they want to add and the features they want to take out. Almost none of the features they wanted to add made it :D