MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next   
 Post subject: Re: Introducing the SS Project
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:55 pm 

Well, here we go. I'm considering this one final beta as I've got some audio issues yet to work out (I did custom files for Equalizer and Predator and they worked fine alone in game, but crashed it when combined with other commentary) and want to try to get the 8 truck frame rate up.

http://www.mtm2.com/MTM2/Trucks/dl.php?dl=6453

Attachment:
monster 2017-11-09 15-35-30-863.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:06 am 

I removed the other betas if you don't mind. (i can put them back up if you want to).

I hope to get to test them soon enough. I've suddenly become busy again out of nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:22 pm 

Not going to be in the initial pack release, but "phase II" is probably going to be a mini pack of trucks from 1991-1992...at least, it will now that they restored the actual Taurus 3 a few weeks back.

Attachment:
taurusss_pre1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:25 am 

I'm in the process of finally testing your trucks :) Things are going good but there is one thing:

I have a request from you (you're gonna hate me but eh... I have to do it), since I do wanna include the trucks alongside the stock ones, can you pretty please add a HD name to them to make sure it's easy to set them apart, especially in multiplayer games? The reason is that while 6 trucks, based on my testing, will work fine on most tracks, the more fancy tracks will have issues. For example my very own DVR Redux and SLO Motion Redux, which were designed to make full use of the long drawing distance, are too object heavy to even have 4 trucks running smoothly with 120 viewing distance.

If the trucks can easily be told apart then people will know to either reduce their viewing distance or to have to mix and match with the stock ones.

Also I don't think you should go all out in trying to reduce the lag... or at least not more than you feel comfortable with (so that you don't feel you are over-compromising on what you originally wanted to do). Eventually I do want to port the game to DX9 and when that happens all this lagging will be fixed. Just that the porting could probably take another year or 2 until it finally happens (I have to be able to afford to get someone to help me out with this part of the code).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:25 am 

Just had a crash. Running 8 trucks, the error is "All commentary wavs don't have the same format". Don't remember which trucks I selected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:29 am 

Pretty sure equalizer was selected when it crashed.

Anyway, make sure you check out the dgVoodoo thread.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:33 pm 

I just downloaded the pack to test it and I can confirm it was Equalizer, though I don't know which specific file it was, if not all 3

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:15 pm 

So I'll ask you guys for advice on this - every truck uses 4 256x256 textures, three for the body and one for the frame/shocks. I can try to reduce this but I'm thinking its going to require remapping the entire pack, which I'm not thrilled about. Is 2 textures the maximum I should be looking at, or would 3 work? Or is there another way I might be able to drop them without completely remapping everything?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:58 pm 

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. (Says the guy who has trucks with 20+ different textures) they look incredible and drive as good as they look. Unless there's online performance issues as they are now, I vote no change needed.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:03 am 

Cale wrote:
So I'll ask you guys for advice on this - every truck uses 4 256x256 textures, three for the body and one for the frame/shocks. I can try to reduce this but I'm thinking its going to require remapping the entire pack, which I'm not thrilled about. Is 2 textures the maximum I should be looking at, or would 3 work? Or is there another way I might be able to drop them without completely remapping everything?

Well... if I do manage to end up fixing the performance sometime in the future you will be kicking yourself. So maybe people compromise for now?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:23 am 

And in other news. Once your trucks are ready I will gear up towards releasing Community Patch #2. No big changes, just small fixes that have come as a result of managing to get Visual Studio 6 running on my Win10 machine (and hence went back to using the non-ported VS2015 code).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:06 pm 

Cool. I gotta fix Equalizer's commentary later in the week, and then I'll send it over to you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:12 am 

Also, to have MTM2 play nicely with your truck pack... I have increased the pod limit to 200 :) (so far so good in my testing).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:38 pm 

The WAV files in MTM2 have to be at 11 kilohertz, 88 kilobytes per second in order to work properly with each other. I found that out somewhere in making custom WAV files and likewise that is the format for all of the WAV files in my MJ: Maximum Destruction WAV File pack.

Meanwhile, here's what I've been working on; adding KC lights to Executioner they should look something like this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:03 pm 

I'll add those in myself before the next release, too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:55 am 

For Matt...
Attachment:
executionerss-pre3.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 pm 

So the trucks are done and I'm going to release them officially...soon :P Want to get some other stuff with them together before I throw them out there, and gotta figure out a good pic for the trucks section. Fila, how can I get them to you?

Meanwhile, working on some thing for the release that can go with the community patch...
Attachment:
mtm2_HD_splash_pre.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:58 pm 

Check your pm inbox.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 pm 

With Fila including it in the new community patch, I've officially uploaded the pack in it's final form to the Trucks page. Thank you everyone here for all your help! Time to move on to...more trucks :-D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 am 

2 years in the making :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next