MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next   
 Post subject: Re: Introducing the SS Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:36 am 

Cale wrote:
For Matt...
Attachment:
executionerss-pre3.jpg

"Matt" who? My name is Matt too, and I really wanted my Dodge Ram 1500 model in the game after all these years, worked pretty hard to build it from scratch..it's the red one Onan textured the front end for me, he posted a picture of it, but I modeled it..I started this thing when I was like 15 man, and it a few years, I was just learning 3D modeling and CAD. I'm 30 now and I don't do 3D modeling now, but I "could" because I know how it works..if I wanted to.., but at least my 1 truck could go in.

As I remember it was a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 I modeled it after, Crew Cab. That's why I always play Dodge trucks. The grill may not be perfect man but give me some credit lol, was a teenager that thing would have been hard...maybe fix a few things with the grill, make it like your trucks with the bars under the truck, take away the wheel wells, and make keep the model length like Overkill's is (because when I play Overkill on the cube I'm pretty much unbeatable haha), and, can't think of a name for it for now..I'll think of a name for it in the meantime maybe, if you consider this. Heck maybe even put skull and crossbones on the sides or something, with like headless horseman on the hood, or something, make it like halloween like and stuffs, I love halloween, make it scary and stuff lol, flames on the tailgate, I dunno. Lookin back in time, March 22nd 2009 would have been a long Saturday night probably for me. Maybe some awesome rims like the B R O Racing truck has. As for the truck bed, I dunno, if you take this into consideration..we'll go from here, but..I've been playing Monster Truck Madness 2 since I was 11, my mom got it for me as my 11th birthday present, and she passed away in 2011..I wouldn't want your sympathy though, but, could be nice if I could have a truck in the game for me. Thanks,

Sincerely,

Matthew Scott

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm 

He was talking to Matt785.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 pm 

Ok, but this was back on like page 3 Onan posted this stuff about..I made a post about it back on page 3 too..

Onan's was like half-way down the page, mine was near the bottom with pics and a zip of the model / textures files.

ORRRR, We could do this...Agree to disagree, and...try to get that red truck from ONaN, that together we made; he finished the [kickarse] grill and texutred the truck for me, and we could add that to the HD truck pack. =D
Now THAT would work for me. But like I say, maybe if you need to modify the actual model of it, maybe get rid of the wheel wells so you can put the chassis bars underneath the truck and stuff to make it like the other HD trucks, do what you wish. Just don't mess it up too bad. That truck is awesome.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 pm 

Uhm? This was last page? Matt said he is working on the executioner and Cale pointed out he took care of it? I mean, the posts are right next to each other, just follow the discussion...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 pm 

lol.. Dude, go back to like page 3, onan made a post talking about that red truck that he and I made, and I made a post about it too..but Cale ignored it, and I guess you are too

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 pm 

NiteMares, I meant no disrespect in not including it. I had a very specific goal in mind for the pack and the truck, while amazing work, simply did not match up with that goal. If I do a newer truck pack at some point I will certainly consider it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm 

Thank you. Just a picture of my work from the past..anyway, as for the truck..there's a few things wrong with it, it wasn't perfect. You turn the headlights on in the game, nothing happens..no headlights come on, no tail lights work. The suspension sticks up too far through the hood and stuff..artifacting, the truck could probably use a chassis frame or some improving with the frame/suspension as you can see in the pictures. I was a modeler, not a truck maker. That's why oNaN finished up my work. Anyway, if you would consider these improvements and follow through with them, and complete the truck and make everything look and work properly, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! Thank you very much, Cale. If/When it comes time to name the truck, I'll deal with that when I have to.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:56 pm 

And 3 was the maximum files...this is the actual POD for that truck. TY.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm 

After playing with these trucks for a while, I spotted an error: Nitemare's tailgate texture is backwards as the word DODGE is one the other side of the tailgate and is mirrored. Likewise, the tailgate textures for both Bear Foot and Rampage are mirrored in the RAW files so that they face the right way in the game. Nitemare's tailgate texture is not mirrored in it's RAW file and likewise it is mirrored in the game.

Also, the actual truck (alongside the one METH made for the 2003 MTM Expo) has extra decals on the front and rear fenders.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:25 pm 

Also, I've got some suggestions for future releases as these are practically repaints of trucks already in the pack:
Bigfoot 10
Bigfoot 15 (first body)
Dodge Express (Ram body)
Executioner (black)
Monster Patrol (orange/blue one driven by Brian Barthel)
Rampage (red)
Samson (early '90s version)
Snake Bite (red)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:47 pm 

A quick test. Looks less out of place than I thought it would just because of the limited palette. If I can figure out a quick and dirty way to do a reasonable looking undercarriage I'd like too do all of the trucks...
Attachment:
wfss_mtm1.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:37 am 

That really does look surprisingly good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:57 pm 

Haha, been cleaning out my main email inbox the past few days, unsubscribing from TONS of marketing and junk email I never even signed up for, I finally get back to the days of the older email in the inbox.. I come across this :D

But like I said I was doing modeling in high school, and I graduated high school in 2006 :P

20k polies, sheesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 pm 

I've had the drive to work on things...

Attachment:
snakebiteredss_pre1.jpg

Attachment:
bigfootracerss_pre2.jpg

Attachment:
snakebiteredss_pre2.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 am 

Really like that snake bite colour scheme.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 am 

Could you please work on mine too? The Dodge Ram 1500, I don't care what you call it, just make everything function properly and make it a properly working a truck with the rest of the set with working headlights / tail lights with my 3D modeled body, modify it if you have to to make the lights work. Maybe add a chassis if you have to, to make it look right, and/or add a black bed cover with a black Dodge logo or something. Please, thank you.

NiteMares.

If you have to make the truck longer or shorter, go for it. I just don't want the traditional ram body from the game or your ram body lol, I'd like the body I created just with working lights like I said..if you "have" to bend the polys to make the lights work, do so in a careful manner. TY.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:12 am 

Cale wrote:
I've had the drive to work on things...

By the way, let me guess.... the cold weather? Lol. It won't go away.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 pm 

Those 2 trucks look amazing.... Any thoughts on a leafer he stock set?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:43 pm 

First test of an idea. 60 verts, one 64x64 texture. Obviously work yet to be done.
Attachment:
ssfrmtst.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:49 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Hey Cale, I was wondering if you could help me adding a frame/chassis to a body I'm modeling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next