MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

Post subject: Steering Wheel wont allow me to acelerate
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:49 pm 

So I just bought a steering wheel to play with MTM2. All controls works, I can turn, and all that stuff. But I can't acelerate or go in reverse. I tried to calibrate the steering wheel many times, I tried to change the controls, but nope! It doesn't work. And I even tried with one of my friend's steering wheel and the same thing happened. What's the problem? How can I fix this? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Steering Wheel wont allow me to acelerate
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 am 

this happened to mine and i had to replace it, sorry for the bad news. sold it on ebay though so not a total loss. one man's trash...

Post subject: Re: Steering Wheel wont allow me to acelerate
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:54 am 

The game is pretty old so there is a chance that it might not be compatible with certain wheels. There might also be an issue between the operating system, the wheel and MTM2.

To make a long story short. Most likely, in order for the the acceleration and the break pedals to function they need to work on the same axis. Most of the newer wheels (in comparison with MTM2) have the pedals function on separate axis', thus rendering it unusable in MTM2. There are two solutions:

1. Your wheel has software that lets you report the wheels on the same axis. For example: Logitech has the gaming software where you have the option to "Report Combined Pedals".
2. Some time ago I read that there is a 3rd party program (kind of like a hack but I don't want to use that word as some people automatically assume hack is something bad) that forces windows to recognized the pedals as combined. But I have no direct knowledge of the program and I don't know where to find it either.

That's pretty much it. I have a Logitech Driving Force GT (it's marketed as a playstation 3 wheel but works on PC) and the software has this magical "report combined pedals" button so the game works for me.