MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7   
 Post subject: Re: MTM2 Source Code
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:23 pm 

Fila wrote:
The pictures are something like 300x200 or something like that. I've been trying to figure out a way to use stretchblt to scale up the pictures but so far it ain't working. It's definitely low priority though. Can't actually replace them since every track has the pictures in their .pod file. The most I can do is try to scale them up.

Well, I think it's already bitblt straight to screen isn't it?
I know there are tracks where the image exceeds the size of the box, like it just starts blitting from the top left corner and let's it overlap.

So just allow more room, track makers can just start making bigger images. It might work itself out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:43 am 

So I just discovered another peculiar thing. I'm done with Winner's Circle (the most annoying screen so far) and wanted to do something else that was lighter but, so I figured I'll do the loading screen since that one is literally just an image with nothing else except... the loading screen is not part of the UI.pod!!!

Going through the code I find a reference to a file splash.bmp that doesn't show up in the UI.pod... I wonder if that could be it? But if so... where could it be.

More specifically, the loading screen when a race starts. The loading screen when you return back to the main menu is called checkers.bmp and it shows up in UI.pod.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:44 pm 

Fila wrote:
So I just discovered another peculiar thing. I'm done with Winner's Circle (the most annoying screen so far) and wanted to do something else that was lighter but, so I figured I'll do the loading screen since that one is literally just an image with nothing else except... the loading screen is not part of the UI.pod!!!

Going through the code I find a reference to a file splash.bmp that doesn't show up in the UI.pod... I wonder if that could be it? But if so... where could it be.

More specifically, the loading screen when a race starts. The loading screen when you return back to the main menu is called checkers.bmp and it shows up in UI.pod.

Are you 100% certain? Because I have a UI.POD change and my picture on my loading screen changed. At least I think it was... it's all buggered up now lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 pm 

Ugh. Found it. It's actually a .raw file in startup.pod.

It uses either data%d.raw or koth%d.raw, which explains why the screen becomes a garbled mess once you go above 640x480. Meh this is going to be a pain.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:39 am 

Fila wrote:
Ugh. Found it. It's actually a .raw file in startup.pod.

It uses either data%d.raw or koth%d.raw, which explains why the screen becomes a garbled mess once you go above 640x480. Meh this is going to be a pain.

Just leave it then.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:18 pm 

Just discovered some mistakes on my part. It's obvious that I lack the experience of programming because the mistakes that I've done are really freakin stupid. It's fine, there's workarounds for it but basically the my code is getting uglier and uglier as I am too far into it to revisit and make it more organized. Sigh. Good thing no one is ever going to look at this as I am rivaling the original TRI code in terms of screw ups :D

To sum it up, basically I declared globalPIXX = 320 and globalPIXY = 200 at the very beginning. Just so that it has some values and not 0's (to avoid the compiler giving me warnings). Then I proceeded writing code to actually read the proper input and assign the correct resolution values to globalPIXX/PIXY. So far so good. However what I didn't realize was that the code that I wrote to read the actual dynamic resolutions has been within functions that deal exclusively with the 3d rendering part of the game and with creating the game/menu window. So far still good because everything obviously works correctly on the rendering part and the mainframe part. However I also needed to make use of these values in order to manipulate the UI screens (all the buttons, boxes etc etc). These UI screens are completely separate functions in separate .cpp files and only now I have realized the values that I have been working all along with are the original 320 and 200 numbers and NOT the dynamically changing resolution (because the new values never left the 3d rendering/game window functions). Which suddenly makes HUGE sense why the boxes and windows and everything were not aligning correctly every time the resolution changed.

Ah well, it's too late now as the UI is 4/5 done and there's no way I'm going back to redoing everything as this requires me to manually change every freakin bitmap as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7